“Beautiful view, Clean rooms”

and 1 more site!
Royal Atlantic Beach Resorts
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Montauk
Ardsley, New York
“Beautiful view, Clean rooms”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. The rooms are renovated and clean. We had a pool/ocean view from our balcony. Many children during our stay but the room was very quiet when we turned in. Air conditioning was quiet and cool.

Room Tip: request pool/ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debray46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2013

there is nothing not to like about montauk. there are high end restaurants and beach pubs. the beach is beautiful. beach fires at night toasting marshmanllows with your friends or family. great place to party without any worries of driving. this resort is right on the ocean and walking distant to almost everything.. go every year with my friends and family. luvvvv it!!!

Room Tip: choose an oceanfront room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Based upon recent Reviews expecting the worst - free breakfast was -eh - almost indelible - rooms - clean - except for the mascara and other used items found under the bed.
Beach - great
beach bar - also great - tip - get a double shot in your drink -
Beach pools - relaxing - but a lot of kids
Close to beach and town
Pull out sofa - bring an air mattress to put on top of - we did - ask for extra blankets!
Kitchen nice for making coffee(you have to bring!)cold drinks
Nice 2 flat screen TVs
Quiet at night

Room Tip: Depends - westend less noisy - but further from beach - your call
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tootsy J
Eastchester, New York, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I spent close to $400 per nite for a four nite minimum....and the room was just okay...but the resort was way below par. To say it needed a sprucing up is putting it mildly. Just because they are on the ocean....apparently gives them the opportunity to charge you and arm and leg and give u NOTHING in return. No clocks in the room....no towels at the pool....and the food there cost a mere fortune. The beach was nice and the pool was nice...but not worth the $$$ at all.

Travelers are raving about these Montauk hotels

West Islip, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just came back from 4 nights at the Royal Atlantic. Me and my wife stayed here a few years ago then switched to another ocean front resort when we couldn't get a room here. Same thing, opposite way. Couldn't get our usual room at place we love and decided to give Royal Atlantic another try. Don't regret it one bit. Rooms have been updated, second floor recommended for privacy and great ocean view. Won me back and will be staying here from now on. My only complaint (if you can call it that) was that housekeeping must follow a strict routine instead of looking for service requests on doors. Two days in a row we left room early and it still wasn't serviced by 3 p.m. Lucky it was nice out and I just needed to get something from room and not want to stay there. And finally, as I tell everyone and other raters have mentioned this, people, remember, it's Montauk, a beach town and not Manhattan. Clean and serviceable is what I'm looking for and this place does both.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side, away from Sloppy Tuna restaurant/club are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete C
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Let me start out by saying that my background is in the hospitality industry and my expectations for accommodations are high. I was pleasantly surprised by the Royal Atlantic. After much research and many recommendations, I chose this hotel with some trepidation after reading the reviews. In retrospect, I feel like many of these people could not have been staying at the same place we stayed! First of all, you have to go into a Montauk vacation with reasonable expectations. This is not Manhattan, so if you are looking for luxury, Montauk is not the place for you. The Royal Atlantic is a motel, not a hotel. The accommodations are not posh. However, they are clean, updated and very convenient.

The trip did not start off well. When we checked in at 8pm on a Friday night, we went to our room, only to find out that the room was occupied and the current occupants did not look like they were going anywhere any time soon. I went back to the front desk to let them know they gave me the wrong room, only to find out that it was the correct room and the people never checked out! They were not in the room and we had no idea when they would check out. Unfortunately, this left us without a room at a sold out motel, in a sold out town. The gentlemen at the front desk were very apologetic and worked diligently to come up with a solution. Eventually, they were able to reach an owner of one of the coops and they allowed us to use their room for the night as they were not checking in until early Saturday. By Sat. afternoon, our room had been vacated and cleaned. It wasn't a great start, but I asked for compensation and I received it in the form of a refund for approximately half of what I initially paid for the first night. I thought this was fair and the customer service was very good.

The rooms appear to have been recently renovated. There is a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge, microwave and two burners. No oven. The kitchen comes equipped with two frying pans and two pots as well as plates, bowls, glasses and silverware for 4 people. Everything (in both rooms we stayed in) seemed relatively new and immaculate. The bathroom was also very clean, no mold in shower. Despite what others have said about paper bath mats, we had a regular bath mat like you might have at home. Towels were more than adequate and they will always bring you more. They also provided soap, shampoo and conditioner. Two caveats: there is no hair dryer in the room, so bring your own. Also, no alarm clock.

We stayed in an ocean front room, which I recommend paying extra for. I'm not sure I would have been as happy if we were overlooking the pool or street. Our first night we were on the ground floor, which was nice because you can walk right on to the beach. The remaining nights we were on the second floor. I prefer the second floor because you have more privacy and it is quieter. We kept boogey boards, beach chairs, etc. on the balcony and I am not sure we would have done that if we were on the ground floor. Another caveat: there is a popular, loud bar called the Sloppy Tuna next door. Unless you want to feel like you are in a club with music blasting at 2am, ask for a room on the other side. We spoke to people that were near the bar and they were not pleased. Our room was on the other side and very quiet.

Breakfast is included and they will deliver to your room. You can also have it delivered to the patio and take it down to the beach...we did that with egg sandwiches. There is a pool with lifeguard, which my kids enjoyed. They have a bar and grill at the pool; we found the food to be expensive and not very good on the day we tried it. The other days we had sandwiches and made lunch in the room.

The location can't be beat. On the beach and just two blocks from the center of town. One last tip...there are lots of bon fires on the beach. If you want to build one, bring your own wood. Stores in town sell bundles for $8 but we couldn't get it to light and saw many others having the same problems. There is a store in town called A Llittle bit of Everything that sells sparklers, chinese lanterns, etc. that everyone does on the beach.

All in all, we were pleased with the Royal Atlantic. The next time we go back to Montauk, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kmon22
West Islip, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I made reservations with the Royal Atlantic and sent my deposit for 735.00. Six days before we were to arrive my husband's mother passed away unexpectedly. I called to cancel as soon as I got home from the hospital. The Manager, Anthony, would only give back 50% of my deposit because the room did not rent. He told me "he was meeting me half way!" I cannot believe how insensitive, heartless, and greedy this establishment is. I asked for a credit for future use and was told no. I will never stay at this hotel and I have developed negative feelings toward Montauk in general, even though I have vacationed there for over 30 years.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family