Montauk Manor
Hero Beach Club(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$167
Beach Plum Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotels.com
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$154
$134
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$159
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$225
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$149
$251
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$109
Beachcomber Resort At Montauk(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$156
Travelocity
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskoff seasonplayer pianohistoric hotelcourtesy vantennis courtsfull bathroomsexercise roomfree shuttleone bedroom suiteshuttle servicefirst floorbeautiful roomliving areasmall kitchenlong island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I stayed in the Montauk Manor for one night on the 19th March. The staff couldnt have been more friendly and overall the trip was fantastic. The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. The consierge drove us from the hotel to the restaurant we were eating at. Also we wanted to revisit some old spots as we used to work in Montauk back in student days and wanted to take photos. He also drove us around and took pics of us. Overall extremely impressed. Would highly recommend it for any type of holiday be it family or romantic. Although wait until the summer if poss as Montauk is pretty quiet at this time of year!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank AoifeMN
Reviewed March 1, 2007

stayed in room 135 which was privately owned. this
place was eyecandy!! my pictures say it all. enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank christi50
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We read about this hotel in Time Out/New York about a month ago, Jan, '07. Never knew it existed - the one page review simply said it would be a good place to visit for a day or so in the dead of winter, with its indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, sauna, spa, exercise room, indoor squash court, and onsite restaurant. (The spa is not free.) We gave it a shot and were very impressed.
First of all, this is not a hotel in the true sense, but rather condo's owned and rented out. That means, at least above the first floor, the units are complete with living rooms, 2 baths, dining area with full kitchen. A home away from home. Very relaxing and quiet - just the prescription for chilling out for a few days and doing absolutely nothing but eating, napping, swimming, hot-tubbing, then eating some more. Wireless internet access in lobby - sit on one of the very comfortable couches in front of one of the 2 gas fireplaces and surf the net. Free DVD's are available at the front desk for movie buffs.
Although a great deal of restaurants are closed off-season, there are enough 'good' ones to go to: in Montauk: Manucci's, Inlet Seafood, Shagwongs. A 20 minute drive to Amagansett yields Gordon's and Mt Fuji. A 30 minute drive and you're in East Hampton. Bring extra bucks and dine at Della Femina, The Laundry, and Cafe Max. Is that enough choices for you?? For breakfast in Montauk: Anthony's, Johns Pancake House, and Naturally Good Food & Cafe (only 3 tables, but exceptional made-from-scratch pancakes, granola, etc). We did not choose Breakwater’s, the restaurant in the Hotel, due to the overly negative reviews on Tripadvisor.
All in all, this is THE place to stay in Montauk in off season, with rates at $140/$190 for a 'Super Deluxe' one bedroom suite (higher rate on weekends).

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank wally3x1
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I went to Montauk Manor with my Husband and his family for a Murder Mystery Weekend. I loved the hotel. I thought it was elegant and old fashioned (in a good way). The Murder Mystery added to the experience and the combination of the two, hotel and Murder, made for a very interesting and fun weekend!

We had a two bedroom suite. I have posted pictures but be aware that these are time shares so don't expect all rooms to look like ours. We had a beautifully decorated accommodation. My sister-in-laws had a nice two bedroom as well...It was the side of the hotel which had the nicer view... It was a windy weekend and they complained that the room would not warm up no matter how high they turned up the heat.

There is only one restaurant and we found the service to be slow. Opt for drives into town for dinner.

Keith and Margo's Murder Mystery was the name of the group which held our eventful weekend...I recommend the experience. I know our family had a great time. There were all types involved, young, older, couples, singles, families, birthday parties...everyone seemed to enjoy it. The only negative side was the service at meals (same people who served our dinner at the one restaurant on premises). Otherwise, there were no problems.

A good time had by all!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Baker-Mayy
Reviewed January 2, 2007

The Montauk Manor is a condo hotel located in Montauk, NY; about 100 miles away from New York City. The hotel was first built in 1927 as a getaway for the rich and famous of the time. The hotel closed shortly after the stock market crash. It lay in ruin until the mid-1980's when it was gutted and turned into a condo hotel.

Many rooms were renovated again in 2006 by putting in new floors and replacing some of the furniture.

I have been staying at this hotel almost yearly since 1990 with my wife and kid. We love it and will continue going back.

This hotel is a four-star hotel, but it has its quirks. Many people do not like the fact that this hotel uses standard mechanical keys, as opposed to the newer key-cards. I do believe this is a security concern, because one time I took the key home by accident and I kept it for two months before the hotel realized it was missing and called me. Another quirk is the fact that you have to give back the remotes at the end of your stay. I am not inconvenienced, but I do find it odd, since if you are spending $300 a night for a hotel room, why would you want to steal the remote? My final concern is the 80's feel of some parts of the hotel. I sincerely hope they renovate the elevators and the hallways at some point. They are worn, and the elevator just has a creepy feel to it.

My late at this hotel was from 12/30-1/3 in room 322. I paid $545 for this stay. Two nights were $215 per night, one night was $135, and the last night was free. I really enjoyed this stay. I used the kitchen for a few meals, and the new restaurant was great (and inexpensive.) The staff was helpful and the cleaning ladies were nice. I did not swim in the pool this time, but I know it to be very nice. The exercise room was OK, but I think they should work on getting updated machines in the near future. I loved the fact that you can borrow DVD's and tapes free of charge at the desk. My only complaint from this trip was that the WiFi did not work in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank tmarch291