“our go-to spot with our pooch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Hither House Cottages
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I go out to Montauk quite a bit - about once every 2 months or so. I've rented the studio when traveling solo with my pup and we have rented the East/West cottage when traveling together with our boy. It's perfect. Not pretentious, the owners are wonderful, they offer dog-sitting which is awesome... The cottages are not overpriced and just a quick minute walk to the beach!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank jupiter4jackie

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I went to Hither Hills cottages in June 2011, it was the worse vacation I ever had. The furniture in the cottage was old and smelled. The owner of the property lives there and constantly fought with her children. When I would sit outside all you could hear was yelling. Different dogs that stayed there would come over on the area you were renting and go to the bathroom and you were responsible to clean it up. They claim they have housekeeping, I saw the made once. The sheets on the bed were like sand paper and the quilt was old and smelled. The refrigerator had a horrible ordor as well. I wanted to leave but I was told I wouldn't get a refund.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank disapp0inted62
Reviewed May 16, 2011

When I arrived with my 2 lettle pugs I was so surprised that such a lovely landscaped property accepted animals!! I was more surprised when Weu the owner opened the door of the Hither cottage- It was clean and the kitchen was well stocked with everything for both cooking, baking and clean up! the rooms were spotless and very comfortable.
The view was terrific from the sottage and it had a nice patio.
It is a short drive to town and the beach and plenty of places to walk the dogs-you must take them off the property to do their business and there are plenty of places to take them!
If you are looking to relax this is the place!!! It is quite and comfortable, please adhere to the pet rules so that it remains pet friendly. I will return as often as I can !

Room Tip: Hither cottage is a large 2 bedroom cottage
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sued16
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed in the South cottage with our dog. The cottage was clean and the kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans and all the utensils we needed -- which was great because we bought a lobster at Duryea's to cook in the cottage. It was great to be able to walk down to the beach with our dog. My only quibble is that we had booked the East or West cottage because of the ocean view, but when we arrived we were given a credit for the extra cost and the South cottage instead without an explanation for the change. But we were happy in the South cottage anyway.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank rachelblue
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed at the Seaview Cottage. It was perfect for us and our dog Shakespeare. The staff was very considerate of our privacy. They made sure our cottage was always clean and waited until we were out to do their work. Plenty of linens. It's exactly what you would or should expect from a summer cottage. Short access to the beach, private area of the back yard, private grill. We were very happy here. Most of all our dog Shakespeare was happy here. We would go back again whenever possible. The owner, Wen, was very polite and kind to us. Maybe that's because we treated her and the staff like family instead of enemies.! Gerri and Dave Engel, Florida

Room Tip: We loved Seaview. We did have ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank gerriengel112
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We wanted to get out of the city and head to Montauk for 1 night.
We stayed in the Seaview at The Hither House, and it was cozy, clean and simple.
The bathroom is tiny, but it didn't bother us.
Great to have the kitchen for a nice breakfast by
the picture window that looks out on the sea (in the distance) .
We woke up to heavy snowfall in the morning and they had actually cleaned off the car for us!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stellathebeagle
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I went to Hither House with my boyfriend in November and we stayed in the East cottage. It was very clean and really nice. However, we thought the cottage was haunted. At night we heard noises in the living room, it sounded like someone dropped a book on the floor.I felt like we weren't there alone, I felt a presence. Also a brand new bag of potatoe chips that we did not open was miraculously opened and half of the chips were gone and neither of us opened them. Also it is very close to the woods where some younger guests seemed to be wandering off into. I did not like that there was a door in our bedroom leading out to a screened in porch. We were afraid that someone could break into the bedroom. I had trouble sleeping and was scared. Also my truck was in the driveway locked up with the trunk closed and the next morning somehow the liftglass in the trunk was open. The door to the screened in porch was broken so when the wind was blowing we kept hearing the door constantly slamming. We were both freaked out.

• Stayed: November 2010