“Great Montauk Lodging”

Harborside Resort Motel
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 20, 2004

I had the opportunity to spend four nights at the Harborside Motel in Montauk last week. It was a great and affordable place to stay. While not an ocean front resort, It provides a quality room with a convenient location within walking distance of Montauk Harbor. The room was large and very clean. The service was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. We followed all of their recommendations for things to do around town. I would not hesitate to book here on my next trip to Montauk.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Woodcliff Lake, N.J.
Reviewed June 8, 2004

Our family has been coming here for 23 years.
It's simple, relaxing, totally Montauk. Mearilie takes
great care of us.

coram, new york
Reviewed March 27, 2004

Our weekend-get away was fantastic.Diane gave me a weekend in Montauk as a birthday present.She booked us into the Harborside Motel.Our room was clean and comfortable.The motel grounds were very well kept and although this was March and not summer,the pool and tennis courts looked very inviting.If you want to get away from the busier side of Montauk but still be near great restaurants,shops and marinas then the Harborside is a perfect choice. The proprieter,Merle McDonald-Aaron, was courteous and made us feel welcomed and at home.Thanks Merle for a nice weekend.We'll be sure to stay at the Harborside again soon.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Center Moriches NY
Reviewed January 3, 2004

My husband and I booked a room at the harborside hotel for 2 nights to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. We were so disapointed with the room, and the location. The hotel is very isolated and the room was shabby to say the least. Old formicia furniture, no ammenities(iron, blow dryer, tolitries,coffee pot) and the room was filled with little black flies- that were everywhere- on our cloths, pillows, etc. When I approcahed management afterr spending one awfull night, they refused to vooid our agreement to stay two nights, so even though we only stayed one night they charged us for two at the rate of 109.00 a night! Shame on you Harborside- I would not reccomend this hotel

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed October 22, 2003

What a great place! The service could not have been better, the rooms are very nice and well amenitied, great pool and tennis, too! And the location is desirous as I feel the Montauk Harbor area is the, including the best restaurants in Montauk. My husband and i are both very particular and we're happy to agree: this is one place we plan on returning to!

Elmont, NY
Reviewed August 3, 2003

My husband and I were very happy with the 'Harborside Motel.' This was our first stay there. It was clean and cozy. The price was a bit high but it was 'peak' season. The people were very friendly and Merle was funny. If and when we return to Montauk we will most probably stay there again.

Roselle, NJ
Reviewed June 24, 2003

Our quiet get away at the Harborside was great. We have stayed by the ocean in downtown Montauk and it can be very crowded and a bit too zooy. In contrast, as much as I love the beach, I found the Harborside to be a great get away and very relaxing. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the friendly manager/owner made us feel welcome. The location is really great; near the harbor, fishing boats and restaurants but away from the hustle, bustle in town. They provide beach passes and the ocean is not far away when the sound of the surf calls. The pool area is very pleasant and although we were there on a rainy weekend we did get a chance to enjoy our Sunday paper poolside. I would recommend the Harborside highly.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member