“Montauk Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harborside Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Harborside Resort Motel
You added Harborside Resort Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Montauk Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Harborside is one of Montauk's best kept, tucked away secrets by the lake. You can walk approximately a half mile to Gosman's and the rest of the harborside strip there. It's perfect. You're out of the mayhem of town, but a 5 minute drive in. The Harborside is very clean, the owner is a doll, and we plan to stay here for many years to come. The pool is also perfect and does not have a chloride smell. There is a small BBQ area (2 mini bbqs) with a couple of picnic tables, a tennis court and a basketball hoop.

Room Tip: There is an "apartment" on the second floor that has a kitchenette with 2 full size beds w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DollyCakes35

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Forest Hills, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly. Parts of the motel are dated but everything is kept neat and clean. They have beach passes for the guests so we got to go to Gin Beach every day. We also had wifi access and a small flat screen tv with cable. The only issues we had were minor: there was no hair dryer or complimentary shampoo and conditioner. And our bathroom door couldn't close all the way!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara C
Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Harborside Sunday through Tuesday in July 2012 and had a great time. The manager/owner welcomed us with a big smile upon our arrival and was very friendly every time we saw her. The place was quiet, which made relaxing by the pool (which was immaculate) very enjoyable and nighttime sleeping perfect. The room was a little bit dated in the amenities (old fashioned tv and microwave), but everything worked perfectly and the room itself was spotless. The price was very affordable. I would definitely recommend the Harborside and would enjoy staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank amp2857
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 days in Montauk and Merle, the owner of Harborside , was absolutely a pleasure to work with. The pool was very clean and the rooms were as well.
Though I wish the room had an iron & ironing board it was of little consequence
as we slept great and Merle recommended the best place to have Lobster which it was!
If we go back to Montauk this will be the place we stay!

Room Tip: ask for upstairs and you get more of a breeze from the harbor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CHURCHGUY
Stewart Manor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have been coming to Montauk for quite some time now, but since having a family we wanted to room just a little bit away for the hustle and bustle of town. As a result, we have been staying at the Harborside exclusively since my daughter was 4 years old. She is now turning 10 and my son, 5 and we look forward to returning each and every year. It is our true family vacation for quality time and relaxation. Merle is the absolute best and the place is spotless. My kids love the pool and walking to the Harbor every morning for breakfast by the docks. It's our home away for home for one week out of every year and we are so excited to be coming back in just a few days!!!

The Dellarosa Family
Stewart Manor, NY

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here with my Sister and before even leaving our house we had issues. We called to inquire about the reservation receipt and the female manager/owner was extremely rude to us because we were in our early 20s but not yet 25. Our mother made the reservation as a gift for us and the manganer said that "she would allow us to stay even though we were younger then 25 and that they only allow adults" I responded that 18 years and older is an adult in ny.When we got there she was extremely suspicious of us. We got our room but not before an interrogation and when we opened the door the whole room smelled of smoke and these are suppose to be non smoking rooms. We told her again she was suspicious of us which I found rude. The room itself was ok a bit outdated with stained sheets and moldy smell but the pool was nice and the best part of the place. I enjoyed montauk but my sister and I decided that if we go again we would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Tillthedawn
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the chorus of praise for this hotel. It is cleaner and nicer than places going for twice the price (Merle, please don't read this and raise the rates! lol). We had a room which was recently updated, it was spotless as were the grounds overall. The pool was crysal clear without that chlorene-y smell. I don't know how they do it. As for the individual who stated the manager was rude and belligerent and canceled their room, I find that very hard to believe. Merle, the manager was accomdating, responsive and friendly. When I lost my phone, she seemed genuinely concerned. When I needed a ride into town, one of her neices offered to drive me. Yes there are a lot of rules and signs but that just means they run a tight ship and I welcome that. There is definitely pride in the ownership of this motel and you can feel it. I have already recommended this place to friends and family and hope to return myself before the summer ends!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple