“Memory Lane with Mom”

Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
new york
“Memory Lane with Mom”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ocean Resort Inn Rocks it!! My 85 yr. old mom and I could not have found a better Seaside Gem in all of Montauk!! We came out to reminisce about our Gr8 times with Dad 35 yrs. ago!! The Ocean Resort is the place to stay!! Sebastion had our room ready when we arrived at 1:30 pm. He was so personable!! Please keep your reviews coming, this is the way I decided to stay here!! Rooms were so very clean and bed very comfortable!! Books, beach towels, bikes, and BBQ grills, everything you need,! We went to Gosman's for wednesday dinner special (5pm) a steal!! Closed Tuesday!! In Southampton visit the "Basillica of Jesus and Mary on Main Street". The stained glass and architecture will blow you away!,, it was built for the Irish servants in 1905!!! I mass is at 12 noon. I will tell everyone about this hidden secret,! Thanks from me and mom :) sincerely, DP
And the beach is literally right there!! Amazing location!!!

Room Tip: Room #1 was gr8 for us
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
oceanresort84, Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review, Deb. I couldn't be more delighted to hear you and your mom had such a memorable stay with us. It was a joy hosting you both, and I hope we have the chance to do so again in the future!

Sebastian, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Forest Hills, New York, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights; the rooms were clean, there was even a mini-fridge and a microwave. Beach towels, books, beach chairs, beach umbrellas and bikes are available to guests and the location couldn't be better: just steps from the beach. All of the staff were very professional and helpful; I got info. on hiking trails which I was interested in. I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family. No complaints here. I was trying to "de-tech." myself for the time there but I gave in and used the Wi-Fi!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms, where I was, have better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie D
oceanresort84, Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience, Leslie. The "no complaints" stay you describe is exactly what we strive to give all our guests—great to hear we hit the nail on the head! I appreciate your recommending us and look forward to hosting you next time. (No shame in giving in to technology and using the WiFi; that's what it's here for!)

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent time in July 2013 at this Inn, my husband and I loved the location, cleanliness, and friendliness and help of the staff. The office mgr Sebastian, was extremely helpful and available, would love to return next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

oceanresort84, Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We'd love to have you next year! Thanks so much for this lovely review. It was our pleasure to host you, and I'll make sure to share this with the whole team. Hope to see you next summer!

Best,
Sebastian
Cedar Grove, NJ
Reviewed October 2, 2013

WE stayed here one night this past weekend, and the weather was glorious! Montauk in September is fantastic. First time we stayed here, and our room was a basic room, small bath and shower, but very clean and perfectly fine for a short stay. Comfortable mattress.. Very well managed hotel just steps from the beach. We would come back again for a weekend (and hopefully will next spring!). We used the bicycles on Sunday and went for a long ride--sat and relaxed on the porch swing Monday morning before leaving. We toured the lighthouse, took long walks on the beach, and had a wonderful dinner at Harvest and lunch at Gosman's Dock. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
oceanresort84, Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We'd love to have you back next spring, Cindy! From the bike ride on Sunday to the lunch at Gosman's Dock, I'm thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We wish you could have stayed longer as well, but there is always next time! Montauk is fantastic in the spring. Until next time — Sebastian, General Manager
Reviewed October 1, 2013

It's a good motel for where it is. The service was excellent, the bed was my only issue. It was not very comfortable, the pillows weren't exactly the softest. But all in all I can't complain all that much about it, it is after all a motel by name. The free bicycles and the location/ proximity to the beach were excellent. The staff goes out of their way. The rooms are clean.

• Stayed July 2013
oceanresort84, Manager at The Ocean Resort Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Glad you had a nice time with us! I'm sorry the bed was a downside for you, though. Thanks for letting me know. If you ever stay with us again, don't hesitate to tell a staff member if you're uncomfortable. We'll do everything we can to make your stay more pleasant. (Perhaps it would have helped if we'd given you some extra pillows?) In any event, I appreciate the review and hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed recently for 2 nights, and I was very pleased with the room itself - very clean and spacious. Property manager, Sebastian, was very helpful and friendly. They ave everything you need, from beach chairs to hairdryer, and nice addition - bikes to borrow on site. Will definitely recommend to friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank K10025
Thanks for singing our praises! It means a lot when a guest takes the time to spread the word about us. The next time you're in Montauk, we'd love to host you again!

Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great service from all! Rooms are very clean & the housekeeping staff keeps them that way throughout your stay. One minute walk to town / beach. From room 17 I could hear the ocean & see it from the chairs provided on the deck. Nice courtyard with chairs & a grill. Bikes beach chairs & towels available from the office. I will be going back & don't know why it took me so long to find this gem.

• Stayed September 2013
Thanks for the kind words, Irene. The team and I are thrilled to hear you had a pleasant time with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Sebastian & Staff