“Owner Is The Special Ingredient Here”

The Ocean Resort Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
New York
“Owner Is The Special Ingredient Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2008

After reading positive online reviews of the Ocean Resort Inn, I made reservations directly through the owner Ginny. The Inn is clean, neat, and exceptionally well cared for. Ginny and her staff are kind and friendly, but never obtrusive. There are porch swings, a hammock, and an abundance of blooming plants. And it's literally across the street from the beach. It's a wonderful beach retreat, but what makes the Inn really special is Ginny and her staff.

• Liked — Owner and staff
  • Disliked — Carpet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Snolumi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

We went for a the weekend and had a great time. The hotel is very clean, and has all the perfect accessories that are needed to help you relax (beach towels and beach chairs). The rooms are nicely done and the hotel is very quiet. Its also a block from the beach and town, which was great for easy walks from the beach to lunch, and even stopping back after to drop stuff off. The staff is very personable as well. I highly recommend this quaint inn.

• Liked — free wireless internet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beach_Lover999
brooklyn, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Resort Inn recently and had a lovely time. The hotel room was large and clean, the minifridge was new and kept our food and wine ice cold. We were close to the beach (just across the street) as we were to all of Montauk's shops and restaurants. We noticed there was a public aspect to the Inn where we could have BBQ'ed had it not been raining. We were treated exceptionally well and would choose to come back here rather than to any of the other properties nearby. Great price and service. Relaxing and fun weekend!

• Liked — Accomodating Staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank riceball44
vtbtravel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2007

Most people that travel to Montauk arrive with one focus: rest and relaxation. My husband and I had to travel to Montauk to attend a funeral. Our time in Montauk turned out to be bittersweet. Attending a funeral brings out unpleasantness and takes one on an emotional roller coaster ride. However, Ocean Resort Inn came to our rescue. Ginny, the General Manager is a warm, passionate, caring woman that not only cares about the reputation, safety, and cleanliness of her property, but also sincerely cares about her Guests. Ginny is genuine, one of kind, and goes way beyond the call of duty to provide a warm, friendly, comfortable environment for everyone. The rooms are exceptionally clean and offer a cozy atmosphere. In the evenings, when we had some down time, we appreciated returning to the resort knowing that we could relax outdoors while appreciating the beauty of the property in its entity. We especially enjoyed lounging on one of the porch swings while listening to the natural sound of the ocean, which is a short walk away. We are forever grateful for Ginny's kindness and support during our difficult time. We will definitely return in the future. Where we know we will receive a clean room and plenty of rest and relaxation. We strongly recommend the Ocean Resort Inn, where Ginny will know your name.

-The Barnes Family, GA

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

This was my first time in Montauk and was part of a group of girlfriends who had stayed here 3 other times. Everyone kept telling me how much I would love it, and I did! The motel rooms are super clean, the inn is close to the beach and town, and the outside area is adoreable and conducive to just relaxing with a cocktail.Ginny ,the owner was also so accomodating. To top it off, I realized I had left an earring that my mother had given me in the room after I left, I called Ginny the next day, and she had the housekeepers look for it and they found it!!! She was great about returning it, and it was at my apt in NYC the following day! Run dont walk to Ocean Resort Inn..I know I am aleady looking forward to next summer!

• Liked — proximty to beach and town
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank 34NYCgirl
Manhattan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Was hesitant enough to want to check it out in person before I plunked down a deposit. So I took a Saturday in July drove in from the city, met with Ginny, who was extremely accommodating - found the proximity to everything local was just perfect and could tell that the hotel/motel was clearly well maintained. My guess is the other guests that were there that week had stayed there before - there's always something to be said about return customers. Beyond that, I witnessed interaction between Ginny (Manager) and her staff and found a real sincere team environment. And so, we booked two nights during a premium August week. I used the rest of the day to relax on the beach, soak in the sun and shop for the fresh stuff at one or two local roadside stands.

If you're looking for romantic walks on the beach (sunny day or starry night), a decent size room/bed/bath - clean (of that there was no doubt) and neat, comfortable surroundings, privacy when you want it, or hang out on the deck enjoying cocktails like the other guests - this is a great place to choose.

I'm sure all the rooms are nice, but we had room 10, upper deck (with jacuzzi/tub- small for 2, but do-able!) - and had a really nice view of the water from the room and deck. All in all, my boyfriend and I will definitely come back - everything was real simple, easy, comfortable and enjoyable.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Jacuzzi smaller than expected
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cadlespa
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

If you are expecting 5 star hotels in this area of Montauk (in the town by the ocean) you won't find it...this is a perfect motel for you if you don't plan on staying in your room the whole trip, it is very clean and the outside is decorated very cute..The staff is friendly and helpful...I stay here every year.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple