“Quiet Time by the Sea”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Burcliffe "By The Sea"
Oceanside, New York
“Quiet Time by the Sea”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We literally stumbled upon this place in Montauk, on old Montauk highway, steps from the magnificence of the ocean. Very quiet and private. Moments from town. A heartbeat from the Lighthouse and beautiful views of the ocean where ever you gazed. We met Ron who was the most accommodating fellow we've run across at this type of business. Great stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Burcliffe is in a great location - the beach it's on is one of the best on Long Island (if not the best, in my opinion). You'll have a beautiful beach with tons of space and lots of room to relax, throw a frisbee and hang with friends / family. If you'd prefer a crowd, go stay at a place in town. If you're looking for some r&r, quiet beach time, this is a great place to stay. The rooms are modest, like most other hotels in the area. Nevertheless, it's a great place to spend a weekend or an even longer summer vacation. The folks managing the property were very kind and accommodating. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit which is on the south west side of the property - it's great for 2...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael T
Liberty, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently visited Burcliffe by the Sea with my family and was very impressed with this cozy, private resort. The hotel is just down a path to one of the most beautiful, private beach. The heart of Montauk was only a half mile walk, and I enjoyed pushing my boys in their stroller on the path that leads to town. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of our cottage. Having our own space to cook dinner at night was so convientent for this mother of two! Burcliffe makes a wonderful family vacation, and we are planing on making this our family tradition summers to come! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Megan G
New York
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We just spent a week in one of the cottages at Burcliffe by the Sea. Having seen the photos, I wasn't expecting too much in terms of comfort (chose it for location, good reviews and an affordable price for a week's stay) but it was quite nice. We had a private patio, grill, side yard and the cottage had all our family of four needed. The beds were comfortable, even the pullout couch was fine, according to my son. The owners were very nice and accommodating and the location could not have been better. Right across the street is a magical looking path that leads to the most spectacular ocean beach. It was never crowded and actually there were very few people on this beach, even in the middle of July. Was a quick drive into town or to the bay if the ocean was too rough, so that was a nice option. Although a hotel, the cottage was so private that we felt like we were renting a house and being minutes from the beach was as good as it gets. Place was also nicely landscaped and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Our cottage was the farthest one back from the road (closest to the smaller rooms in the hotel which...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Niia
Yaphank, NY
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just back from staying at Burcliffe by the Sea from Thursday to Sunday. My wife, dog Tucker and I had a great time staying in studio number four. The daily schedule: early morning visit to the beach directly across the street through a blazed path, morning run, visit to Montauk bake shoppe for egg sandwiches and coffee, drink and relax at the beach off of Navy Road, visit the ocean beach before dinner and then eat out....Burcliffe by the Sea is away from the crowds in town and made for a very relaxing visit. The studio was all we needed with a small refrigerator and freezer, a/c, tv, two beds (one for Tucker), etc.

We also enjoyed the breeze and view of the ocean. The fellow guests were very nice and pleasant. Bob made our trip very simple and easy......thanks again Bob......would recommend Burcliffe by the Sea for those looking for a low key getaway........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dean-USA
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I made my first visit to the Hamptons and to Burcliffe recently and there are just no words to describe how the property, the weather, the private beaches, and wonderful people exceeded my expectations! I am a west coast girl with very little exposure to the east coast beaches, but after this trip, I plan to return as often as possible. The proprieters of Burcliffe were so warm and welcoming, not only to me, but everyone. I was impressed by the impeccable grounds, the nostalgic ambience, and most of all, the serenity you feel at Burcliffe. I have traveled many places, from Hawaii to Europe to Asia, but I truly felt this was my most favorite vacation by far. My only regret is that Trip Advisor only has 5 stars for ratings! :) ... Burcliffe definitely deserves a 10.

Room Tip: Speak with Bob or Lorna about your specific needs and they will help you without question!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShellBell914
Larchmont, New York, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My 15-year-old daughter and I wanted to go to the beach for a couple of days, and I am so happy we found Burcliffe by the Sea! The room was clean and spacious (though not updated) and had a lovely patio with a view of the ocean. The owners were courteous and professional, and best of all the beach was beautiful and pretty much empty. Because Burcliffe is not surrounded by other hotels/motels, it really feels like it has its own private beach! Town is only a 5 minute drive away, We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montauk
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
Montauk Blue Hotel
Montauk Blue Hotel
#10 of 38 in Montauk
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel

Been to Burcliffe "By The Sea"? Share your experiences!