“Already planned trip back”

Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Rented two rooms with a group of friends. Rooms vary in decor however both were great with amazing ocean views. BEST bang for your buck in Montauk by far. Looking forward to many more trips here. Great customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here for a family wedding at Gurney's - my description to my cousin was "lovely - even has granite counter tops!" Large room with fold out sofa, table and breakfast bar with stools, huge flat screen TV and kitchenette. I'm sure the rooms vary as they are co-ops and subject to renovation by the owner, I believe all of the rooms have been renovated. My room was #303 and was beautifully done. Just across the road from the beach, property has a swimming pool and just down the road from Gurney's. My family who stayed at Gurney's said our room was nicer and the price tag was lower. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a spot in Montauk.

Room Tip: Ask for lower level if you don't want to carry bags upstairs.`
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I come to Montauk a lot and have never stayed here. I was looking for an economical place for my girlfriends and I to escape to for a long weekend. We were more than pleasantly surprised. We had a lower level studio which had a great view of the beach - very clean - roomy - updated kitchen and island - with 4 people we did not feel cramped at all. The location is right across from the beach which was perfect and within walking distance to town. We would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Studio upper level had more sun
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank elizabethbussian
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, new/remodeled suite in the back. Just three of us on this trip, but excellent place for families. The village is within walking distance (not on a chilly day), beach right across the street ... Thank you for a great stay on our first visit to the hamptons.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Sasha H
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We generally choose places to stay based on Tripadvisor, and the reviews overall are usually dead on. Not so much for here. I know that it has a high rating for a Montauk hotel, so maybe it is wonderful compared to the other resorts in the area, but we will try out the other hotels on our next stay. Now, don't get me wrong, the location of the hotel is wonderful which is why I gave it three stars. It is an easy walk across the street on a path to the beach; we did have a wonderful campfire on the beach during our stay. (And we would have loved the large grass area if we had kids with us.) But we generally rate our stays on the rooms themselves, and here were our issues:

Although they had upgraded kitchen and decor of the unit, they forgot to upgrade the bed. So the mattress was hard to sleep on... luckily we had some Advil for our backs in the morning.
We were also on a bottom unit facing the highway. It could have been just that our upstairs neighbors were very large and active, but you could hear all of their movements upstairs. We tried to offset their noises by turning up the volume of the TV, but unfortunately that only worked until we turned it off to try to get some sleep. (Again, I am not ruling out the possibility that we just had some excessively "heavy-footed" neighbors.)

Maybe our stay at the Beachcomber was a fluke, but we will not take that chance. When we are on vacation, sleep is the most important thing for us and I would rather go with a sure thing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank davemann17
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a great Columbus Day Weekend stay. The hotel was a great short 1/2 of a mile from town of Montauk and 5 1/2 from the Lighthouse. The hotel put a dirt trail from Olde Montauk Hwy (27a), is the beach. It was 17 miles long to East Hampton.
The hotel was clean and spacious the TVs were a little small and the pillows were a little hard but it okay. The people were VERY nice. The Deck needs replacing and the pool is gr8. This Is the best Montaukain hotel in Montauk

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank SpartanReviewer88
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I love this place. Right across from the beach and they have updated some of their rooms. You can walk to town but just far enough away from the noise. Staff very friendly. I live on Long Island and this is my new favorite place. Try to get to The Harvest for dinner and if you feel you must be like every other tourist then by all means go to Cyril's. The only thing I am not happy about is you can't stay here for one night during the week ( summer season). I know this is prime $$$$ for the season. I get it. But just keep in mind that word of mouth and repeat customers are also your bread and butter all season long.

Room Tip: I would make sure to ask for an updated room if you can. Keep in mind there is no guarantee during t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends