“Better than expectations”

Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Montauk
“Better than expectations”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Clean, nice rooms with kitchenette. Really a good place for those who like well kept properties and don't need the luxury 5 star treatment. Beatiful views, across the street from the beach. Pool is heated and in good shape. Much better than the properties we saw down in the village. Great for families.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank H H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great location! Rooms are clean and comfortable, quiet for sleeping. Able to keep bikes outside safely, pool heated and clean, okay for lap swim. Hotel across from beach access. Can walk to town if like. Loved it will go again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Linda B
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 glorious, sunny days at the Beachcomber. Just far enough away from the crowds for our liking. The beach location is definitely superior to the "in town"resorts with plenty of room for everyone. Can't beat the view, room was wonderful, quiet, clean, modern, with a very comfortable bed. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Linda B
Islip, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Beachcomber for our first wedding anniversary this summer. I've stayed at other hotels in Montauk which are directly on the beach and centrally located in Montauk Village, and they are obviously a desirable location, but usually overcrowded and not very well kept. While the Beachcomber does have the inconvenience of being across the street and up a long annoying path from the beach, I still prefer it over some of the more "Beachfront" hotels I've been to. The views were amazing, the salt water pool was clean and well maintained, and the room we stayed in was exceptionally clean, bug free, and comfortable. I've paid much more money for much smaller, dirtier, buggier rooms with less conveniences at other hotels on the beach, and this was definitely a better value. This is the third time in several years I've stayed at Beachcomber, and I never regret my stay. The price, while still in my mind definitely too much in general (as is becoming the norm in Montauk, sadly), was less than almost every other hotel I priced for the trip, with more amenities and certainly better service. Our room had a full kitchenette with everything we would need for our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful from the minute we checked in. Yes, the trek down to the beach and back up again was a bit of a pain, but the reward was worth it as the beach across from the Beachcomber is less populated and much more peaceful than the beaches in town. If I had any suggestions for the Beachcomber staff, I would ask that the paths from the units down to the edge of the property be more direct. We were on the second floor of our unit, which meant we had to go downstairs, around the building, and either cut across the grass or take a circuitous route past the pool and another unit and down some stairs...kind of annoying when you're hauling beach gear and just want to get there! But still, definitely worth it. Every room has an ocean view and a private balcony. I would book here again in a heartbeat, and we will probably make a yearly tradition of staying at the Beachcomber. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was in the West Unit and while it had a beautiful view, it was a bit of a trek down to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura S
Massapequa Park
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is one great place to stay if you are visiting Montauk. We've been coming to MTK for over 18 years and we have only stayed at the Beachcomber. The hotel has had many huge upgrades as well as updates to many of the rooms. We have stayed in the lower units 206 and 211 which were recently upgraded a year ago - just beautiful. No more rugs in this room - it's nice and bright and airy. Our kids love the back patio and grass to lounge on if they don't want to be at the beach all afternoon. You will be not be disappointed by staying at the Beachcomber - friendly staff and very helpful as well.

Room Tip: We love the units right across Old Montauk Highway. The view is exceptional and grass is always goo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri F
Long Island, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Since I was a little kid ive been coming to Montauk. Our childhood place has since been turned into condos, and now that I have a child of my own, I wanted to bring him out and start our new tradition. On a whim I called about 15 hotels, all of which were "booked", now I know from personal experience some rooms are left open to accommodate walkins, but being that I would be coming out with a rambunctious 2 year old, I couldn't leave it to chance.
I eventually got through with a customer service rep for dune resorts and ended up booking a room for the Beachcomber at 10 am, and we arrived at 7pm that evening. I wasn't expecting much, because Ive been all around out there and a lot of places are outdated, musty, not close to the beach, overpriced etc. This place was perfect for us! We got a great room, second floor (carrying suitcases stroller and toddler up the stairs was no picnic, but the view was outstanding) right on Montauk highway, perfect sunset and beach view. We walked into town, 15 mins, and had a late dinner at my favorite place. 15 leisurely minutes to the grocery store as well, and a short walk to the beach.
The room was spotless, kitchen was fabulous, I love to cook, and the kitchen was fully equipped. Some people commented the rooms were "old", and far away from town.....check out other places around the area and you'll appreciate the Beachcomber!! We even checked out late because I was cooking a late lunch, the housekeeper was so generous, she cleaned up the other rooms around ours and gave us some extra time. Great place, esp for kids, and people who like a little exercise!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Daystone
Center Moriches
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel! Efficiency room with granite counter tops and a sign welcome to the beach! This room was spotless and the location is awesome with a short walk or bike ride to town and the beach right across the street. Pool was clean and saunas available. We will be coming back!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple