“Stayed at many places in montauk”

Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Long Island, New York
“Stayed at many places in montauk”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Since I was a little kid ive been coming to Montauk. Our childhood place has since been turned into condos, and now that I have a child of my own, I wanted to bring him out and start our new tradition. On a whim I called about 15 hotels, all of which were "booked", now I know from personal experience some rooms are left open to accommodate walkins, but being that I would be coming out with a rambunctious 2 year old, I couldn't leave it to chance.
I eventually got through with a customer service rep for dune resorts and ended up booking a room for the Beachcomber at 10 am, and we arrived at 7pm that evening. I wasn't expecting much, because Ive been all around out there and a lot of places are outdated, musty, not close to the beach, overpriced etc. This place was perfect for us! We got a great room, second floor (carrying suitcases stroller and toddler up the stairs was no picnic, but the view was outstanding) right on Montauk highway, perfect sunset and beach view. We walked into town, 15 mins, and had a late dinner at my favorite place. 15 leisurely minutes to the grocery store as well, and a short walk to the beach.
The room was spotless, kitchen was fabulous, I love to cook, and the kitchen was fully equipped. Some people commented the rooms were "old", and far away from town.....check out other places around the area and you'll appreciate the Beachcomber!! We even checked out late because I was cooking a late lunch, the housekeeper was so generous, she cleaned up the other rooms around ours and gave us some extra time. Great place, esp for kids, and people who like a little exercise!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Daystone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Center Moriches
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel! Efficiency room with granite counter tops and a sign welcome to the beach! This room was spotless and the location is awesome with a short walk or bike ride to town and the beach right across the street. Pool was clean and saunas available. We will be coming back!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JPn_10
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been frequenting Beachcomber in Montauk for the last 20 years. We always stay in lower units directly adjacent to Old Montauk Hwy. We usually book with 2 or 3 other families with children; so having that grassy area off our porch is fantastic. By this point, most of the rooms have been upgraded. We stayed in Room 212, by far the best one furnished we have stayed in, to date. Bright, beautifully decorated and super clean. As we have never really had a problem, there has never been too much interaction with the staff. But any special requests, as in an extra bed this last trip was quickly tended too. I must note that one morning we had a little late breakfast on our patio. In the immediate area the groundskeepers were trimming hedges; when they realized we were eating they moved their equipment off to another location. Extremely thoughtful, and well recieved. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Excalibr
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beautiful suite, spotless, spacious, private! Would recommend highly to a family or a group of friends. Staff was very pleasant. Unit recently updated, beautifully appointed, full kitchen. Arrived after office closed, key and clear directions were waiting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sheila D
Yonkers, New York, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Short trip to Montauk, Beachcomber was beautiful I did not want to leave. Has all the amenities you could ask for with a BEAUTIFUL view!! Everyone is very helpful and friendly and it was a relaxing stay - would absolutely reccommend!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be equally nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Kathy M
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a pleasant surpise! I've been travelling to Monauk for most of my life and have never stayed at the Beachcomber and now I will only stay at the Beachcomber. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the sweeping, panoramic view of the ocean is tremendous. Each room is decorated a little bit differently as they are owned cooperatively. The rooms are immaculate, well appointed and comfortable with decorative touches that make you feel welcome, at home and at peace. Management was attentive and warm and clearly concerned about the upkeep of the property, staff and rooms. Thank you Liz Grande!
Can't wait till' next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank LizSlesh10
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Checked in early. Room nice and clean with a fabulous view of the ocean. Staff were friendly. The only downside which was no fault of the hotel was some dope on a neighboring balcony talking very loudly on his cell phone for about an hour around midnight. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012