“Awesome Staff made for an Awesome Stay!!”

Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a great place to stay, and what fabulous management! You know your stay is going to be great when the first person you meet is the manager, and she is fantastic! Liz was so sweet and funny while we checked in. What a fun place to work! I told her that I would come and work for her ANY TIME!
Our room was comfortable and clean. And our stay couldn't have been better. Thanks for a great vacation, Montauk! See you again soon!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Saraleah423

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I haven't ever stayed out on Montauk before, and what a great experience it was! The Beachcomber Resort is top notch, and the staff there outshines the sun in the sky! Liz was especially knowledgable about what there was to do in Montauk besides go to the beach. Not only did she share a list of possible things to do, but she also called to check avalibility! It's not often that you find that kind of customer service.
The room was clean and comfortable. We were very pleased. We would stay there again, and again, and again!
Big thanks to Liz, Stacy and the other staff members at Beachcomber Resort for making our first family vacation to Montauk an enjoyable one!! We'll be back as soon as we can!!

Room Tip: Just ask Liz!! She helped us get the best bang for our buck!!
2  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've stayed here for a few years - along with a number of other wonderful DUNE resorts. We checked in this past Thursday, already having prior approval for early check-in (at 1.30pm instead of 3). When we went into the lobby at about 1pm, hoping to check in even a few minutes earlier since we beat traffic...the weather was beautiful -- so we just wanted to drop our stuff off and hit the beach!

When we CALMLY discussed the early check-in with the lady at the front desk, the manager named LIZ came out, guns blazing. She was extremely aggressive and unprofessional, telling us all check-ins were at three (even though we were explicitly told 1.30pm was suitable a few days beforehand), and essentially called us liars to our face. She treated us as if we were inmates, not caring that we were paying customers. I want to reiterate the fact that we were not unruly customers - we were civil and kind the entire time. There was no apology, not even when we tried got Dune management on the telephone after this occurred.

I am absolutely floored and disgusted that this woman named Liz is allowed to be an employee at the resort, let alone even be considered a manager.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David W
Elizabeth G, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort At Montauk, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

In regards to the above mentioned post I do believe that you called a few days prior to your arrival and at that time the unit was probably not booked the night before and therefore you were extend a courtesy of an early check in. With this oppressive heat we have had people are booking reservations last minute. Regardless that you arrived at 12:34, as our system notates the time and date each and every time we open a reservation, we also take down contact numbers so we may contact you as soon as the room is ready. Clearly the room was not ready or I would have been more than happy to accommodate you. We in fact put priority on your room and checked you in at 1:47pm. There are many guests who do the same thing as yourself to get an early start to beat the traffic, I apologize that you could not get in your room 2 hours early as we have many check ins and check outs. Our housekeeping effort strives for excellence and every minute counts for my staff to do room turnovers. I take pride in my position as manager and always go above and beyond to make sure guests are satisfied as you can clearly see from other posts. We endeavor to make all of our guests feel welcome and satisfied with the service they receive as well as the accommodations they occupy. It is our goal that all of our guests be happy with their overall experience at the Beachcomber Resort at Montauk.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our first stay was back in June, the room was clan and the staff was great.... My 4 year old daughters Teddy bear must have gotten mixed up with the laundry ... when we figured out it had gone missing my husband and I were beside ourselves knowing what bedtime was going to be like. We went to the office and the entire staff it seems was deployed to find that bear. The manager came to us by the pool with the bear ( it's name is jaja) and had a note that said what an adventure jaja had been on but how happy he was to be back in time for bedtime. My little girl hugged that poor woman and got her soaked and the manager just laughed. FOR this alone I will recommend the Beachcomber every time a great staff!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jolee M
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for my daughter and her friends (all of which were over 25) for a girl's weekend. The girls did not know what to expect but when they called me from the hotel they were so excited. The room was perfect with a kitchenette. It was sparkling clean, beds were comfortable and the service impeccable. The pool was great and the beach was just across the street and beautiful.
Staff was excellent from the front desk, house cleaners. and any other staff we met.
My daughter and her three friends feel the Beachcomber Resort and was an excellent choice. They all said "they will be back"!!!
If you are visiting Montauk and want an excellent vacation...stay at the Beachcomber Resort!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rltpita
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have been coming to Montauk with my family for years and this was our first time staying at the Beachcomber. The trip was perfect from beginning to end , from our call to inquire, The woman we dealt with , Liz was wonderful, polite and very helpful prior to and during our trip. The rooms were clean , overall great value and service. Will surly be back next year.

1  Thank roseann t
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Beachcomber during the first week of July. Our room was a lower studio in the Oceanside complex.

Pros:

The room itself was ok, with a queen bed and a sofa-bed. We appreciated the kitchen in our unit that was new and clean and with everything needed. If you can choose I would probably suggest the OceanEast or west that are further from the highway.
The hotel itself is calm and we enjoyed the beach (just a few minutes walk), the pool and the tennis court.
We had a car, but if you don't I would suggest choosing something closer to the plaza and the town center.

Cons:

No BBQ allowed on the property, no designed area for it either.
I read some complaints about a problem with a power down last year and in the few days we stayed we had a blackout for one afternoon. Not sure if this is something so common to all properties in Montauk during the busy and hot season.
One night we also had problems with lack of warm water and when I called the office I was told that it was probably because many people were using it and to wait 30 min and retry. Nothing changed after 30 min. No big deal, but when in high season the price is $400/night I wouldn't expect these kind of accidents.
The 3 stars (instead of 4) is mainly because of the price/quality ratio.

Room Tip: If you can choose I would probably suggest the OceanEast or west that are further from the highway.
3  Thank cmaltese