“Great Place”

Beachcomber Resort At Montauk
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our first stay was back in June, the room was clan and the staff was great.... My 4 year old daughters Teddy bear must have gotten mixed up with the laundry ... when we figured out it had gone missing my husband and I were beside ourselves knowing what bedtime was going to be like. We went to the office and the entire staff it seems was deployed to find that bear. The manager came to us by the pool with the bear ( it's name is jaja) and had a note that said what an adventure jaja had been on but how happy he was to be back in time for bedtime. My little girl hugged that poor woman and got her soaked and the manager just laughed. FOR this alone I will recommend the Beachcomber every time a great staff!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jolee M

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked this hotel for my daughter and her friends (all of which were over 25) for a girl's weekend. The girls did not know what to expect but when they called me from the hotel they were so excited. The room was perfect with a kitchenette. It was sparkling clean, beds were comfortable and the service impeccable. The pool was great and the beach was just across the street and beautiful.
Staff was excellent from the front desk, house cleaners. and any other staff we met.
My daughter and her three friends feel the Beachcomber Resort and was an excellent choice. They all said "they will be back"!!!
If you are visiting Montauk and want an excellent vacation...stay at the Beachcomber Resort!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rltpita
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have been coming to Montauk with my family for years and this was our first time staying at the Beachcomber. The trip was perfect from beginning to end , from our call to inquire, The woman we dealt with , Liz was wonderful, polite and very helpful prior to and during our trip. The rooms were clean , overall great value and service. Will surly be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank roseann t
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at Beachcomber during the first week of July. Our room was a lower studio in the Oceanside complex.

Pros:

The room itself was ok, with a queen bed and a sofa-bed. We appreciated the kitchen in our unit that was new and clean and with everything needed. If you can choose I would probably suggest the OceanEast or west that are further from the highway.
The hotel itself is calm and we enjoyed the beach (just a few minutes walk), the pool and the tennis court.
We had a car, but if you don't I would suggest choosing something closer to the plaza and the town center.

Cons:

No BBQ allowed on the property, no designed area for it either.
I read some complaints about a problem with a power down last year and in the few days we stayed we had a blackout for one afternoon. Not sure if this is something so common to all properties in Montauk during the busy and hot season.
One night we also had problems with lack of warm water and when I called the office I was told that it was probably because many people were using it and to wait 30 min and retry. Nothing changed after 30 min. No big deal, but when in high season the price is $400/night I wouldn't expect these kind of accidents.
The 3 stars (instead of 4) is mainly because of the price/quality ratio.

Room Tip: If you can choose I would probably suggest the OceanEast or west that are further from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cmaltese
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The best Mother's Day ever, I could of not stayed at a more relaxed clean room. A very impressive hotel... I highly recommend and I'm planning my next trip now.

Jardeen

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jardeen S
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Every year we return to Montauk. We always stay at the Beachcomber. It is the best value around. We love the service, location and comfort. Its a winner!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MsCecile
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I totally could recommend this place – it was new, spotlessly clean,Make sure to book room on 2nd floor, each room has view of ocean In ground heated pool 80° lovley. Efficiency kitchen – brand new with stove, coffee pot, dish washer, dishes, glasses, fridge, marble island, mood lighting etc..nice for breakfast in bed if he’s cookin ;o) We did bring breakfast stuff, Cold cuts for the beach, And of course wine, champagne, and some beer. Saved two of my ice coffee cups and we made cocktails to bring to the pool. So bring your own to go cup for the pool, (no glass please).

The beach is across the street, we did a starlight walk on the sand and you can make fires on the beach (we didn’t but walked past some people who did) I think it was still a little too cold for the ocean, its ok call me a wimp :D We were there pre-season, and practically had the pool to ourselves, but were told the summer it would be a bit thick with kids and families..
I brought some tea light candles, and one big jar candle, at night we would sit on our balcony and have wine and just star gaze by candle light. Very Romantic...
There is a fab sushi/seafood restaurant at the Westlake Marina, (West lake Clam and Chowder House) around 5 pm you can watch the fishing boats come in with their catch, def need a reservation if you’re going there after 5:30. Locals rave about this places sushi if that’s your thing, and its causal to boot. . The bed was a bit springy, but after a long day of ocean air, we slept straight away and hardly noticed. Over all a really nice time, we achieved what we were shooting for and that was to relax...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family