Haven Montauk
Sun 'N' Sound(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotels.com
Driftwood on the Ocean(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Surf Club Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$154
$134
The Ocean Resort Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$159
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$152
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
Breakers MTK(Montauk)
$183
  • Pool
$155
Orbitz.com
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$129
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
$155
All reviewsfire pitpool areahaven staffacross the streetboutique hotelbeach towelswalking distancequick getawaylast summerthe location is perfectperfect weekendclean roomsplace to staybbqbedsbikesoffice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Blue Haven for a few days and loved it. The room was fully renovated, new furniture, new bathrooms, new sheets, new paint, new everything... The rooms were reasonably priced too and the management/owners are a pleasure to deal with. We highly recommend.

P.S. You need to have a car to drive around or get ready to pay for cabs (they're ain't cheap).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Stan G
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay at haven was incredible. The placed was totally renovated over the off season. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The place looked great from the outside and in. The pool and picnic area was decorated with flowers and was beautiful. The rooms were clean and the beds were really comfy. The rooms were luxurious yet retained that same "montauk" beachy feel. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Montauk and Haven are equally awesome.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms have great views of the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Chris J
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Blue Haven for almost 30 years. I have gone thru the sale of the hotel from the family run business it was to the current owners. The hotel has maintained its clean rooms by keeping the same cleaning people (who live on premises). The grounds, I am sad to say, which were meticulous, by the previous owner, Tom Brennen, are a mess. The current management has not keep up Tom's standards. No beautiful flowers and gardens, cigarette butts on the premises and the pool is not as neatly kept. As I am a creature of habit, I will be staying there again this summer. I hear they have renovated more of the rooms. I also hear that the two wonderful people who were trying to run the place (with no help from the owners) are gone. Let's see how this goes. I'll report back.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the pool because the rooms are hot - even with the air on. Stay on top floor as the headlights from parking cars shine on you when you are trying to sleep. Not to mention the floors are thin and you can hear every footstep. Try and stay off season if possible. I have stayed off and on and prefer off season. I know this is about the room but must add: Eat at the Inlet Restaurant, on East Lake Drive. Sushi is fabulous(inlet roll and tuna tartar) as well as the reg dinner menu, staff is great, especially the bar (Juanita) and the bar crowd. Try one of her signature margaritas. Montauk is great and not uptight like the Hamptons, so enjoy Montauk and daytrip the Hamptons, if you like to shop.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mickeyboo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The clean room and comfortable bed was satisfactory, but decided we had to get our toilette done while there was still daylight. The dimly lit tiny bathroom with a teeny shower stall was clean and usable. Their clientele on this weekend (September 29) appeared to be mostly fishermen.
It was quiet at night. We slept well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UrbaneAG
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have been going to Montauk for years and I have my usual faves. I decided to go for a quick weekend on July 23, and took a chance on calling Blue Haven. To my surprise they had a vacancy. Located near Gosman's Dock, Blue Haven motel is cleaner than any other place by far. I was pleasantly surprised that they had no carpeting in my room. It was freshly painted and everything seemed brand new from floor tiles to kitchenette to bath. The receptionist Cookie was very lovely and made you feel very welcome. I prefer a softer mattress however for one night it was fine. Especially for those who like a firm mattress. The pool was clean and popular. I prefer the ocean myself. Check out the sunset by the jetty at Gosman's Dock. There was plenty of parking and the grounds were nicely kept. Will I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple