“Best time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sail Montauk

Sail Montauk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step off the dock and onto one of our private sailboats for an exhilarating sail on the waters of Montauk. Take the tiller or just sit back and relax; we'll make your sailing experience one of a kind. Get a Taste of Sailing with our private 2 hour sails, or spend some more time on the water with a Sail & Swim package. Groups can enjoy a Flotilla Boat Party, perfect for large groups, reunions and team building events. Basic Sailing Courses and our Junior Sailing Program offer a chance to learn to sail, and Private Lessons will help you fine tune your skills. If you're just looking to relax, come aboard for a private Sunset Sail with the best views in Montauk, perfect for sweethearts and groups of friends. No matter what your level of experience, create ever lasting memories when you Sail Montauk.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
NYC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best time!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Four of us went out with Sail Montauk Sunday of Labor Day weekend and had the most amazing time. The boat was great and well stocked with water and sodas (which we barely touched as we brought a boat-load of rose) and Captain Darius was fantastic. We sailed through Lake Montauk and out into Block Island Sound. That portion was much more adventurous and a lot of fun. I tend to get sea sick, so when that happened, the Captain turned us around and headed back into the calmer seas of Lake Montauk where we anchored and were able to jump out for a swim. Honestly cannot say enough positive things about this company. From the initial scheduling to the actual sail, it was A+. We're actually thinking of joining him for a sail down in the Caribbean this winter!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank adam58a

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An exciting experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I never sailed before even though I always wanted to. So I decided to take a two hour sailing lesson captain Darius who is an excellent instructor. It was a very exciting experience, pure fun !! I look forward to doing it again in the future.

Visited August 2011
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Darius is a great host!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I've sailed with Darius in NYC and the Caribbean. He's enthusiastic, knowledgable, and a pleasure to sail with. Don't hesitate to contact him and go sailing while you're in Montauk!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank TaylorCollins
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic sailing experience - exactly what we were looking for”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My sister, girlfriend and I were visiting Montauk for the first time this 4th of July when I decided not to spend another day roasting on the beach but to get out on the water, specifically looking for a little sailing adventure. I first called a larger charterer at Sailing Montauk (vs. Sail Montauk, reviewed here), and was referred by the captain there to Darius at Sail Montauk. Darius was extremely friendly on the phone and reassuring when it came to our fears of getting flipped. He promised me that his Catalina 22s are very stable and that there's essentially no risk of being tossed into the water, while at the same time, the boats are small enough that novices can get a decent feel for sailing the boat. Darius was waiting for us at the Crabby Cowboy well before our meeting time and had the boat ready to go. He gave us a little lesson on raising the sails and we were off. Winds were strong, and Darius was a very entertaining and accommodating instructor, allowing my group to steer the boat and manage the sails. He even had some drinks and snacks for us. Because Darius didn't have another charter until a little later in the evening, he allowed us to sail longer than our allotted time. The experience was really perfect, and the Crabby Cowboy was a terrific spot to grab a few beers after the sail. I'll definitely be giving Darius a call again next time I'm in Montauk.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank AndrewModelski
Bellmore, New York
“Best part of our vacation”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

In only two hours the whole family learned the basics of sailing and had so much fun! Darius was informative and a really cool guy. We learned how to control the basic elements of the boat and how the sails on the boat controlled our speed. we all had a great time and everyone in my party agrees that it was the best part of our trip...not to mention his choice of snacks were excellent.....and he had a large variety of drinks and genres of music including jazz.Sail Montuak is what you should do on your perfect vacation not the name of his boat.

Visited July 2010