“Great spot, delicious food”

Naturally Good Foods and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Quick Bites in Montauk
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Established in 1985, Naturally Good Foods and Cafe is Montauk's primary health food store. We offer organic produce and groceries, cosmetics, vitamins and herbs, as well as a full service breakfast and lunch menu. We cater to early risers and beach goers looking for a delicious and nutritious meal or snack. Our cafe offers fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, healthy salads, Fair Trade organic coffee and teas and vegan baked goods. Specials made daily include homemade soups and veggie burgers, veggie stir-frys, burritos, salad specials and a variety of wraps. Our signature sandwich, The Bruce, is made with fresh caught, local yellow-fin tuna piled high and served on 7-grain bread. Seating is available outside in our private garden, or inside if you need a break from the sun. Our friendly staff is there to make sure you are greeted with a smile and leave feeling happily rejuvenated. Owners, Lauren Katz, a graduate from NYU with a masters in Nutrition and Dietetics and Chef Andrea Mavro, a graduate of Cornell University with a degree in culinary arts from The Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC work together to help enhance your experience at Naturally Good, and guide you towards becoming a more healthy individual.
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Everything you could order is fresh, delicious and leaving you want more. Workers are very friendly, great attitudes and always greet with a smile. Highly recommend the homemade pumpkin pancakes and the funky monkey. Best organic food!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Small place that quickly got crowded at lunchtime. Food was fresh and tasty. I’m vegan and my wife is not. But we both had good choices. Mushroom soup was excellent. Curry tempeh and rice was also tasty. Prices were higher than expected but plenty of food.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

A buddy and I stopped in for lunch today and glad we did. This time of year not much open.

Delicious tuna sandwich and a nice relaxing meal. We had the place to ourselves.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

We went here during a rainy, windy afternoon. Grabbed the menu and set our minds on The Bruce and Lauren's Go-to. I expected a naturally good vibes and customer service to accompany the Naturally Good Food...to our disappointment, that didn't happen. A brunette at a registed seemed to be annoyed we've bothered her by walking up to the counter. Our, "what is the soup of the day?" question got, "it's written up there" answer. I've lifted my eyes to the wall behind her expecting a list of soups. To my surprise, it was one soup that was apparently too difficult to pronounce for her. We were glad that our resort was right around the corner to take our sandwiches to and enjoy them without the toxic attitude of the young lady at the counter. As we walked out with our food, I couldn't help but wonder if our money were just a little less green than the money from other customers or the cashier was just in a bad mood... With that said, The Bruce was very delicious with well balanced flavors. I would definitely go for it again...if someone could pick it up for me to avoid the loss of an appetite related to the lack of customer service skills. Lauren's Go-to was not as successful for me. However, if you like the taste of hot sauce, it might be for you.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for breakfast and had a great visit. The prices were reasonable and I had a bunch of options as a vegan which was awesome. I got the special which was the Fakin’ Bacon wrap (tempeh bacon with tofu subbed for eggs and vegan cheese, avocado, and some other veggies) and my husband got the egg sandwich. I did wish the portions were a bit bigger, mostly because it was delicious and I was hungry! I’d love to come back and try the smoothies and baked goods which also looked excellent.

The restaurant is also located in a cute shop which has a bunch of vegan and organic products! Super cute and lots of great stuff!

Date of visit: October 2018