“Blissful afternoon of sailing with great Captain!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sailing Montauk's Catamaran Mon Tiki

Sailing Montauk's Catamaran Mon Tiki
Ranked #5 of 24 Tours in Montauk
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing Montauk presents Mon Tiki—a US Coast Guard Certified eco-conscious catamaran inspired by traditional Polynesian double-canoe designs. Come aboard for one of our daily scheduled sailing trips, or use your imagination to create your own special seafaring adventure. No experience is necessary, and all ages are welcome! Mon Tiki is the only US Coast Guard certified sailing vessel operating full-time in Montauk. We offer both "walk-on" daysailing and sunset cruise and private charters for groups of any size. Let's go sailing!
Ridgewood, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blissful afternoon of sailing with great Captain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've been on some motor boats in the past, and I love the water. But I've always wanted to go sailing, but I never knew anyone who had a sailboat. So, when I saw a card for MonTiki at our motel, I thought it would be a fun thing to try. What a wonderful introduction to sailing it turned out to be!

Captain David built his boat all by himself!, and he's extremely enthusiastic about sharing his love of sailing. His passion was contagious, and we had a wonderful time out on the water. He chatted with us and pointed out all these interesting things during our trip. And he and his adorable deck mate, Jen, ensured that everything ran smoothly. There's something so magical when the sails are up, and you're gliding through the water. It's so quiet and hypnotic.

I highly recommend MonTiki. I'm hoping to return to Montauk next summer with my mom and dad, and we will definitely be booking another trip on MonTiki. Thank you, Captain David!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Desmond G

Massapequa Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect day in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just back from an awesome 4 day weekend in Montauk. We have traveled ther for years, but this year was extra special. My fiance wanted a sunset boat ride to complete the perfect vacation and found a few choices in Montauk. Most asked her to call later in the day, to see if they could get enough people. Not my choice to be doing on vacation, but she did and no one could fill a boat.
Until Mon-Tiki. We were welcomed a board by Captain Dave and Lukas, who made us feel like family. We had a perfect sunset cruise. The Captain explained his goals and rules for our cruise. He was all about safety first, and I liked that. The cruise was perfect, the crew was perfect and the sunset was perfect.
It's a must do when you visit montauk....Thanks Captain!

Visited August 2013
4 Thank DrMikeO2332
sailingmontauk, Owner at Sailing Montauk's Catamaran Mon Tiki, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for coming out with us, it truly was a magical evening. And yes, our policy is: we sail all scheduled trips regardless of passenger count. If the trip is on our calendar, the boat will sail. And even if we end up with just one couple we're always happy to have a reason to take Mon Tiki out and enjoy the sunset -- so glad we could share it with you!
Hicksville, New York, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best day ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I's first trip to Montauk together and we went on this sail boat. What a breathtaking trip!!! David was a wonderful captain very knowledgeable and had lots of information. The boat was brand new and beautiful. We went out on a Monday there were only 4 other people so it was nice to have a small crowd. David did suggest the Wednesday trip for us when we come back next time with the kids for the family sail which is cheaper, I thought this was very nice of him. The sights are beautiful and it is so peaceful and relaxing it really is a whole different world out there. Take this trip with Captain David you will not be disappointed and you will go back again!! Also, make sure to pack snacks and bring drinks (you can even bring some wine)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Melinda A
sailingmontauk, Owner at Sailing Montauk's Catamaran Mon Tiki, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thanks so much for sailing with us and also for your very kind review. One small correction: our family sailing outing is on Tuesday at noon when each adult accompanied by a child sails for the children's price of $39. We had a great time on Mon Tiki with you and your husband. We can't wait to sail with your whole family! :-)
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous day, Beautiful Boat, Better Captain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I had a week in Montauk and the very best day that we had was with David!
It was a brilliant day, both with weather and company. It was just the three of us and David was so over the top gracious that we just kept wondering how it could get better...David taught John and I the basics of sailing and we were so happy on the water that day that we have already planned another trip before the end of the summer and thoughts of owning our own one day, we hope aren't too far in the future! Thank you David for a spectacular introduction to sailing and Montauk at it's best. We will certainly see you again! Melinda & John Volny.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank MelindaMarki
NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day @ Sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to do this sailing trip as a fun activity while visiting Montauk. He called and spoke to the Captain who was really friendly and descriptive with all the information. I called too and he was very helpful with what to bring and what to expect. We had a private tour that day, along with Captain David and his daughter Maggie who is so sweet. It was a really laid back trip on a perfect day. The Capt really knows what hes doing and he explained it to us. We both got to help jive (i think its called ) and steer the boat , it was a lot of fun. It was really windy too so we got to cruise for a little outside of the inlet. We wanted to do the sun set cruise but this was a great time (2-4)anyway-back just in time for a nice dinner @ Gosmans. I definitely recommend it!

Visited July 2011