“Wonderful Quiet Stay”
Review of Montauk Hill House

Montauk Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montauk
Montauk Hill House
Ranked #3 of 3 Montauk B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Quiet Stay”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Montauk Hill House for a night in the off season looking for an escape from the busy rush of Manhattan. Reviews are correct in this is a great place for a quiet, low key stay. There is a quality to this place that most hotels can't offer. Rooms are very clean, great size, great views and stocked with the basic necessities (hair dryer, coffee machine, drinking glasses, beach towels, etc.). Contrary to another review, the bed was comfortable. It is a quick ride to restaurants and beaches. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Timily M

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ridgewood, N.J.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Make no mistake this is NOT a B&B or an inn. It is someones's very private home in which you use a bedroom. My husband, two college age daughters and I felt like trespassers! It was a weird setup. The cats (which were lovely ) wander around the house, contrary to claims that they just stay downstairs. This can be a significant problem if you have allergies. The house itself and grounds are beautiful, but it is not a good place for vacationing because you will feel the need to tiptoe around the owner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
21 Thank wonderwoman7757
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Montauk Hill House this past weekend and absolutely loved it. The house is exactly as described and perfect for a weekend in Montauk. Perfect distance from all the summer crowds and hotels yet close enough to beach and restaurants- a five minute ride away. Thanks Karin!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim408
long island, ny
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Was here over the weekend on a whim. It's not on the water, but does have amazing views from being on top of the hill.. We were in the sunset room which overlooked the back of the property which has the best views.. Queen bed, huge walk in closet, and nice on suite bath. The only downsize, and really not that big of a deal- no tv's in the room. Bring books or iPad!
The rest of the house is beautiful..but lacked little things such as refreshments.. I didn't see any. Maby I missed it.. No place to get a drink. They have 2 cats and a dog, so if u have allergies beware, and no pool to cool off , but u go to montauk for the beaches right? Quick ride to the beach and town..
The quality in this B&B is unreal.. The staircase is amazing as well as all the detail in all of the rooms.. I would def stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mellowkat
New York
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The house is amazing, quiet and beautiful. The only scare I had walking in the door was seeing cats as I am highly allergic. Karin immediately assured me that the cats don't go upstairs where our room was located. I admit I was skeptical as cats pretty much do whatever the heck they like, but ias was dead wrong -- I had absolutely no problem. It is hands down an impeccable property - we will return and I will refer. A few quick items:
1) the bed was hard as a rock. I mean really a rock. while I do understand some folks prefer a firm mattress this was plywood firm to me.
2) I understand the note in your house book about not rifling through the fridge and cabinets. Couldn't agree with you more if I were you. However, maybe leaving out some basics for guests would be helpful - small snacks, bottled water, etc. after a day on the beach one can become quite parched. I didn't understand your comment about "the water in the house being filtered" so that we could refill our water bottles. At 3:00 am I assure you I did. I'm betting you could reduce folks going through the cabinets (I assure you we did not) if you left a few things out that we're specifically and obviously for them. I'm certain this would make the property feel a bit more welcoming.
All in all there's likely no better place to stay than this or around Montauk.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Waytansea
Reviewed October 30, 2011

A very peaceful setting and atmosphere in this beautifully built home.The grounds are lovely, the house has welcoming spaces with , exquisite details in both the public areas and the guest rooms. A gem!

Room Tip: Not great in the room but perfect in the living room
Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winnie53
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have been traveling to Montauk since I was young - for almost 30 years! This is by far the Best Montauk has to offer. I found the Hill House last week and decided to give it a try for a last minute stay. My husband and I had a wonderful stay. The rooms are beautiful, clean and quiet. Just what we were looking for. The entire house is new and beautifully decorated. The grounds are beautiful. Karin is the most wonderful host. Although we didn't want for much, she was so helpful and accommodating. I had a wonderful massage given by Karin and was on par with some of the best massages I have had in NYC. The bathrooms are gorgeous and modern. The guest rooms are spacious and comfortable, with walk in closets and coffee machines. You receive 2 fresh beach towels daily! We love nice hotels and travel often. This is one of our top choices!
Montauk is full of VERY expensive accommodations, that lack service and hospitality. Most have not been updated or renovated in YEARS, to say the least. They all look tired and are not clean. Montauk Hill House is an absolute Gem and we will now ONLY stay there!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple