“Disgusted”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Disgusted”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went to the captain's table a few times before my horrible experience. For the most part I never had a problem until I ordered a cheese burger. You would think a place with this type of setting would have decent burgers. My burger was old and spoiled. As I was eating it, I thought maybe it was the cheddar cheese or the slaw on the plate. Unfortunately, I asked my mother to smell the burger and she agreed it was spoiled. It literally smelled like old cheese and I was disgusted. When I spoke to the manager she had an attitude and was rude about the whole situation. I understand places are busy and there are off nights but old, spoiled meat is unacceptable. Luckily I only had a stomach ache and did not get violently ill. I will never go back to this place and I do not trust any place serving food that is not fresh. I don't like writing bad reviews but I've never had an experience like this at any other restaurant. Please do not waste your time or your money.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Morales-David

Larchmont, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing environment, good food and excellent service”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What more to say. We went with a large group of 50 or so for a surprise event. Food was very good and service was great. Would definitely recommend for all. Appeared to be family and kid friendly and a great place for all.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank richardreid36
Westchester County NY
“Pleasant Sunday Lunch at Captain's Table.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My sister and I had lunch today at the Captain's Table in Monroe NY. We were put in the garden room and told it was the quietest room. The bar area in front was lively and loud because of the football games but our area was not busy at all. Our waitress was wonderful, very solicitous and informative. The food was good to very good pub fare. Our beverages were never left empty. The fresh salsa was very good by the way.No one rushed us and we would definitely go back again if we were in the area. I bet it gets MUCH more crowded at night.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank russrobin
Harriman, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a good time”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We went on a Friday night towards the end of August. Our party of four sat outside on the patio and were seated fairly quickly. We requested a table away from where the band would play and that wasn't a problem. Our server was friendly and didn't seem to mind our questions about her footprint tattoos. (Kudos to the Table for not making your servers cover up their ink!) She got our drink order pretty quick and then went over the specials and made a few suggestions. Our food & drinks came out in good time, little clams on the half-shell (they could have thrown a few more on the plate), fried calamari (which was cooked just enough) and some wings (which were too hot for my tastes). We had ordered burgers (which came out perfectly cooked) and salads. Everything came out at the right time, which was cool because it was a Friday night and they were busy.

Went back to the Table a last week to catch up with a good friend for dinner & drinks. Again another good experience. The same server we had before greeted us quickly, brought us a drink, explained the specials, and again made suggestions. Burgers and beer again and it was good just like last time. Our server offered dessert, but we declined. She was attentive and friendly. After dinner we moved to the bar, the service there was good too. Left before the late night crowd arrived.

Always a good time.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ChristineMW
Las Vegas, Nevada
“No customer service at the Captains Table!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

What a shame, After living in the area for many years, we have watched the decline of service at the Captains Table over the years. While the food is good, nothing special, but average bar food, burgers, wings ,salads, etc...from a large menu. The problem is the service, it is just TERRIBLE! Yes, it is a great place to hang-out and drink, meet friends, etc...The lack of customer service is overwhelming...Nobody cares, from your immature waitress to the hostess, and the "so called managers". We held a private party, outside, which was pre-planned and reserved in advance and the service was just beyond poor. The manager told us the reason for the poor service was we added one additional person and they were not prepared for the extra person! How lame! How about an I'm Sorry instead! On a recent week night last month, we ate outside and the service was beyond poor, with plenty of staff standing around doing nothing! (including the hostess and managers.). it seems like poor service is now the norm. The bottom line is that service here is hit or miss, but most of the time it is a miss. No concern for the customer here at the Captains Table. Time to skip the Captains Table!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank essentialtraveler

Been to Captain's Table? Share your experiences!