“I Love Big Mike's!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Mike's Pizza & Pasta
Cuisines: Italian
Description: "Raina’s is a family-style restaurant where you can be a family away from home. We offer special gourmet Italian food, family style meals, catering, & banquets. Contact us today – We want our family to cook for your family!"
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're anywhere in the Monroe-Woodbury school district towns, then you already know that Big Mike's is the best in your area. While I already love a couple of other pizza places in Chester and Middletown, I'm actually willing to travel to Monroe to get Big Mike's because the pizza is great, the people are awesome, and the prices are excellent! Beautifully made pizzas, excellent toppings, fresh cheese and tangy sauce. It always comes out hot, and with a fantastic crust.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

You can get all kinds of toppings on the pizza. The pizza used to be better before they moved. Don't know what changed but just not the same.

5  Thank beakie5
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stopped in on a weekday afternoon and found another standard/typical Pizza Shop.....With so many choices for Pizza in Monroe, there is Not much to say about Big Mike's Pizza, I tried a regular slice and a sicilian slice...Absolutly NO "WOW" factors here. Just your Plain old average tasting NY style thin crust pizza.The Pizza is Not Bad, Not good or great, just standard NY style pizza..... nothing to write home about!....just ok/average pizza. Service at the counter was "fair", nothing above average.... Some of the specialty pies/slices on display on the counter looked pretty weak and old like they were made a few hours ago (which they were!) It will probably satisfy your craving for pizza, but that's about it...Inside the place is pretty typical of a local pizzeria, nothing more. Sorry Big Mike's, your overall rating- Average

2  Thank larilu
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Food is always the same, as is the wait. When they tell you it will be 20 minutes, double it! The stromboli is very good, but I prefer less crust on my pizza.

3  Thank Mmmquigs
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Where should I start? Being a native New Yorker, it is almost moving to a different planet when relocating to Orange County. It is difficult to find good bagels, Chinese food, sushi, and of course decent Italian food and pizza. Big Mike's has captivated the taste of true authentic pizza and serves it within minutes of my house! Guess who's a happy camper????!!!

Besides their pizza, I am a huge fan of their hero sandwiches, chicken Parmesan dinner, and their buffalo chicken salad. I have yet to have a bad meal there and pretty sure it doesn't exist.

I should also mention the entertainment there... His name is Freddy and he is one of the owners. He has a way about him that makes you want to call The TLC channel and tell them that you've found their next hit reality show! He is charming, extremely funny, has a memory like an elephant, and a heart of gold. He never forgets a face.

Be sure to make this place one of your weekly stops. You won't regret it.

1  Thank minky1225