“A great little restaurant in the heart of town”
Review of Plum House

Plum House
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Monroe
Description: New management, new menu, new dining experience. Thank you new and old customers, I will do my best for everyone, please trust us, please give us a chance. Sincerely,Plum House Andy.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food is well prepared and very good but not unusual for Japanese fare, a bit pricey. The place is not terrible spacious but there is a nice sushi bar. They are not open throughout the day so check the hours before you go. It's a great place for anyone who wants good Japanese food, sushi, for date night, or with friends. Conveniently located in the center of town on Main (Lake) Street.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The tempura was delicious as was the sushi and dessert, I can't wait to go back this summer! We were a party of 10 and were seated no problem without booking. The service was fine and cost reasonable for a Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is our local sushi place, usually we take out, but we've eaten in a couple times too.

They have a great sushi chef, making fantastic fresh sushi. Best I've had, not that I am an expert! They make a great beef negimaki as an appetizer too.

If you eat in, it's a no frills restaurant, very casual and relaxed with good service.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The sushi is about as fresh as it gets in New York. The teriyaki salmon is also a favorite, for those of us that don't LOVE sushi!

1  Thank Mmmquigs
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went several years ago and at that time it was unimaginative Japanese-American fare. I had travelled about 45 minutes to get there and meet friends. I must say it was not worth the trip. If I lived near by it would be fine for a quick mid week supper.

1  Thank ethxprof

Been to Plum House? Share your experiences!