“Very small but very good !!”
Review of Jane Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jane Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went for lunch with a friend. Had to wait a few minutes but it was well worth it. I had the Korean BBQ-Galbi and it was out of this world. Friend had the Dolsot Bi Bim Bab and they also loved it. There was only 1 waiter but he moved very fast. Will return again for sure !!!!

1  Thank k g

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I wasnt sure what it was gonna be like when I pulled in front if the restaurant but once the food came out, well it went up in my book. The food was delicious. My friend and I had steamed beef dumplings and I had bimimbab in the stone bowl. It was great, as good as any I had in Korea. I can't wait to go back there.

2  Thank valerie b
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Such a nice little spot right near the Mineola train station. We had a wonderful dinner here last night. The dumplings were delicious and seemed to have been freshly made on the spot not reheated.

My son and I both had the bibimbap served in a hot pot that was still sizzling half way through the meal - a combination of beef, rice, veggies and and topped with an egg was so good and tasty really unique. They serve the hot sauce on the side so I could dump it all in but my son didn't use any. I normally would have taken his but one serving was exactly hot enough.

My wife had a sushi bento box. Everything was good, fresh and appealing. I have never ordered sushi from a place that bundles it in (such as supermarkets and any other non-japanese place) so I was suspect but it looked super. As with all bento boxes there are small amounts of several items, this one combines some very Korean looking dishes as well as Japanese.

If Jane Cafe wanted to, this would be called fusion cuisine but then the prices would have to go up right? Keep it just the way it is so I can come back and try everything else.

1  Thank Streetfeeds
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had never eaten Korean food before going to this restaurant. I went there because of the reviews. I ordered vegetable dumplings which were iced frozen in the middle. I didnt like the taste of them and asked If I could have something else but they said I would have to pay for it as well. I ordered their specialty bimbop I think. It was beef with rice and vegs. It was passable. I will say I told them I couldnt have spicy food, so they left the bean paste out. I tasted a tiny bit of the paste to see if it added anything, but I didnt think so. The dumplings had pieces of tofu in them, with vegs shredded but it was salty, given to me with a salty sauce. I did not like the food. The waiter was nice, but it would have been better had I been given a different appetizer to try. All in all, I was not thrilled, and would not go there again. Oh, I forgot, because I couldnt eat much of the stuff given to me, I ordered california roll; which was excellent. I am wondering if the Japanese food there might be more to my liking, however, I dont want to chance it.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

What a wonderful find this restaurant is. Attentive service and fresh, well prepared food. Just go. Seriously. You won't be disappointed.