“My new place for Peking Duck”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jani Chinese and Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 81 Restaurants in Mineola
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Jani in Wantagh used to be our go to sit down local Chinese restaurant. When I saw Jani in Mineola on Restaurant.com I figured why not give it a shot. The on line menu shows you can get 1/2 a Peking duck. Perfect for two people. We went early in the evening and it was pretty empty. Server was very nice and took our restaurant.com coupon with no problem. Duck was Very good and so were the spare ribs.The restaurant is kind of dark with mirrored ceilings. Overall a very good meal. This is now our go to restaurant for Peking Duck.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whether you are in the mood for good Chinese food or Japanese food, Jani can please any palate. Their beautiful teapot collection that adorns the walls adds such an elegant flair. Once you taste their Shrimp with Honey Walnuts, or any other well prepared dishes, your focus switches to your plate.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We found this restaurant on Restaurant.com, so we knew we'd be getting $100 for $60. What could be bad? Turns out, it is a lovely place. It reminds me of Chinese restaurants from years ago - spacious booths with ornate carvings, oriental decor. Everything was delicious, fresh and plentiful. I would definitely return - even without the coupon!

The "Japanese" aspect of the cuisine is only half true. If you want sushi, be sure to call ahead...it's only served a couple nights per week.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

My friend has eaten at this restaurant often and enjoyed it. She suggested that we go there for lunch. There weren't many tables filled at lunchtime the day we were there so I was surprised that the service wasn't better. I had to get our waiter's attention to ask her again for chopsticks. I was disappointed because the dish I ordered was very bland. There was a spicy icon next to it on the menu. When I spoke to the waitress she said that most people don't want it spicy.
I don't think I will go back.