Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa
$114
$81
$93
Courtyard
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
$136
$127
HIExpress.com
$209
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main househudson riverfarm to tablegas fireplacesauna and steam roombreakfast and afternoon teagrounds are gorgeousworking fireplacesweet basilrelaxing weekendonsite restaurantindoor poolliving roombreakfast was deliciousfull kitchennorth cottageculinary institute of america
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I just had my first visit to Buttermilk Falls Spa in Milton New York. What a great spot, the grounds and views of the Hudson River were beautiful. The spa was fantastic, the facial I had was the best ever. The Aesthetician was Irene Moore, she was very professional and very good at her job. I would highly recommend Buttermilk and Irene for great service with a smile. It's a can't miss if you're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I love Buttermilk Falls Inn! I have been there three times, most recently a few weeks ago. I have stay in 2 rooms in the main house (Sage Right and Sweet Basil), and I found both clean and well-appointed (yeah jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace!). I most recently stayed with a group of friends at the Riverknoll House, which has a full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, and 2 large terraces overlooking the Hudson River -- my friends were really impressed, and we enjoyed a nice bbq using the gas grill located on one of the terraces. I have never been disappointed with breakfast or afternoon tea, but I haven't tried Saturday night dinners.

The grounds are amazing - the swan pond, willow trees and falls are really beautiful. Each time I visit there's something new (this time, they have added more bushes and new trees -- including apple and peach trees). The animals on the property include llamas, goats, peacocks, chickens, swans, guineafowl, ducks and several types of geese.

On my most recent trip, I got a facial at the spa, and it was one of the better facials I've had. One of my friends got a deep tissue massage and thought it was great.

I do understand some of the comments re: the management. On my first two trips to Buttermilk, the staff wasn't the incredibly friendly (although that's not something I generally care about) and I never saw the manager (the owner was there each time I was, though). On this last trip, however, the manager was completely helpful and friendly, and the woman at the front desk indicated that he is new. Now that there's a new manager, I hope that some of the issues re: responsiveness and friendliness that other guests have dealt with won't be an issue anymore.

1  Thank mst2103
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I needed to get away from the monotony of the heat of the city. I found Buttermilk after searching online and could not be more satisfied. At about 75 miles from home, it's closer than other Hudson Valley areas. But what clinches it are the magnificent views. The impeccably landscaped and maintained grounds, and the friendly, yet hands off service. You can walk the grounds overlooking the Hudson,sit on elegantl decks, check out the llamas and other animals, including chickens, ducks, geese and other surprises.
Breakfast and tea are served and were delicious. Someone on this website complained of lack of tea sandwiches; give me a break! They had cakes, brownies, cheeses sliced watermelon and other fresh fruit. I'm going back.

t

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My wife and I wanted to get away from the usual routine and find some peace and quiet for a couple of days, but not be too far from home in NYC in terms of travel time and traffic/hassle. We had a very good experience at Buttermilk Falls Inn, particularly walking the grounds, seeing the animals and looking at the Hudson River views. A very nice, big and home cooked breakfast was included. The staff was nice if not a bit overworked from all the extra efforts they put in for guests.

1  Thank Pritland
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Our room was quaint and very traditional in furnishings. The bed was only full sized but all is forgotten after walking around and enjoying the farm, river views and peaceful patio areas. The rooms and main house felt more like a bed and breakfast but the other buildings house spa facilities and tennis courts (outdoors). Lovely views all around.