“Good food nice atmosphere - care if you have allergies”
Review of Ship Lantern Inn

Ship Lantern Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Milton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a traditional family run steak house. We went there for a family celebration. The lighting is low, the noise Saturday night is loud when the place is full. There was a band playing in the next room - we couldn't hear the band for the talk. The food was good, cooked as requested - rare was rare, however my wife who has allergies despite the full explanation still got food with butter on it. Don't even think about going here with a grain allergy - especially if you are very sensitive to it (e.g. Celiac's). Towards the end of the evening the food selection may be limited (no baked potatoes, swordfish etc). For a high end steak house a little disappointing - while the food was good, service seemed a little erratic and sadly didn't cater to those who suffered from allergies.
Average rating given due to the prices, lack of catering to allergies and running out of too many menu options on a Saturday night.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The meal was wonderful, and the service was AMAZING!!! Absolutely the best place we have found in this tiny town. The service made me think of the old days at Tavern on the Green!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I ate here with a group of friends for Hudson valley restaurant week because the menu looked interesting, and it received very good reviews. The entrance this place felt like a portal that shot us back 50 years. The decor is very old fashion as is everything else about this place.

Everyone in our group liked the food but found the appetizers to be more interesting then the entrees. We got the salmon pinwheels and duck salad to start and they were both delicious. Members of my group liked the hen and beef Wellington but the sides lacked in complexity and taste. Broccoli with hollandaise, spinach, and mash potatoes were all cooked just fine but needed more seasoning. I got the salmon which again was cooked fine but had a sweet glaze on it that was a bit too sweet for my taste. The regular menu is very extensive and quite pricey. We also found the wine list to be a bit limited.

The servers were charming older men who were all excellent and adorable.

Although we did enjoy our food I don't see my self going back here until the next HVRW.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wonderful restaurant all around. I can't wait to go back. My taste buds enjoyed all the flavors and I ate too much food----everything was delicious. The wait staff was attentive and worked hard to make it a good experience.

2  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Super nice experience, Although extremely busy almost every employee did their utmost to be attentive to every need, and request. Food variety was excellent.

2  Thank colcoy