“Pretty but disapointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Scarsdale
“Pretty but disapointing”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went for a Sunday lunch - good selection and moderate prices but the kitchen really took way too long with the orders and the gourmet burger was way over salted.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Gus B

Albany, New York
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The service is very friendly, but quite slow. Food was yummy,but 5 lunches arrived and we politely waited for the other 3. It is in a lovely building in Millbrook, NY on the main street. Would definitely return when we weren't as starved !!!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Jacq047
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went in for lunch while I was at the Millbrook Horse Trials. The staff was very friendly, I had a nice chat with a bartender and I think the owner was having lunch as well and got in on the conversation. Overall good people and great food. I will definately go back when I'm in the area. I just had a cheese and olive spread ( delicious ) but the whole menu looked great. Priced well too for the quality of food. That area can be ridiculous with prices but I don't feel that they are part of that.

3 Thank Buckndrumz
Millbrook, New York
“Heart of the Village”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great for lunch or dinner, Aurelia's is nice inside and out. The fireplace in winter is a special treat. The menu doesn't change often, but everything is good and they usually have several specials. The salads are unique and very delicious. I always enjoy this restaurant.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Cecilia Collopy C
ny
“Gem”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Had a quick lunch w/my husband that turned out to be one of the better meals that we've had in a while. We sat outside which is on the main street of a quiet town, or at least it was on a Monday afternoon. The seating could have been more comfortable but it was acceptable. Service was good, not great. We had to ask for more water each time.

The food really overshadowed most flaws. We shared a great green salad full of fresh ingredients and just enough feta and olives to cut the sweetness of the dressing. The kitchen split the portion for us into two plates which I always appreciate. The hamburger was excellent, with smokey bacon and cheese. The fries were nicely done (love fries w/skin on them) and dusted with parsley. We also had pappardelle with broccoli rabe that was simply excellent. The olive oil used in the pasta dish was amazing. It would have been nice to have had some bread with the salad or pasta. The only part of the inside of the restaurant that I saw was the bathroom which, frankly, could have been a whole lot cleaner and better smelling.

Aurelia is in a bit of an out of the way place. There were a few flaws which prevent me from saying that this is an "excellent" restaurant but the food is delicious. I just did not expect to find such a gem.

• Visited July 2012