“One of a Kind”

Wing Castle
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Millbrook
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This unique tourist attraction is the actual residence of owner/artists Peter and Toni Ann Wing, who fashioned a medieval castle from modern rubble. Entrance to the grounds of the Castle are for admission price only. Tours are $12 per person. Open Between Memorial Day and Labor Day Wed-Sun. 12-4:30pm. For large groups please call in advance.
Stanfordville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“One of a Kind”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wing's castle was built by Peter Wing after he returned from the service. He has used mostly found materials to build the outside and the inside of his castle which he and his wife, and earlier his children liv ed in.The bathroom is a hoot - but I won't give away why. The first time we visited many years ago Pete had a raven living in the kitchen. It really added to the decor. The castle sits atop a hill way above the Millbrook winery. The many times we have visited Pete was our personal tour guide. Don't miss the moat!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Johanna S

woodbury nj
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“wings and unusual things”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

peter greeted us at the entrance--to me he was another Vietnam vet --with a extreme imagination--and a lot of creative time on his hands--welcome home brother--

Visited June 2013
3 Thank joe m
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Every season holds something special for the castle.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have seen the castle from a personal level. I found so many things to be unique and interesting. I actually found myself using my imagination of living in a castle. Peter and Toni are wonderful people. I have learned so much from both of them. Their children are a treasure. Even the mortar shoots on the lawn were exceptional. Wishing them a long run in this beautiful castle. If your looking to be inspired. Pete is the way to go.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Linda B
Amesbury, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I Saw a dream”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

MY mom and I walked the castle maybe 10 years ago back then the tour was $6.PP I found out about the castle from an old magazine Called COUNTRY DISCOVERIES (which has since gone out of business)...The owner Mr wing led the tour, I found it to be very interesting given he build it with no real know how in this sort of building
My mom wasn't impressed

Visited April 2012
2 Thank dinerman55
Rochester, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Truly Unique!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When looking for a B&B to stay in while in Millbrook, NY, I found this castle. It was hand-made by the owners over the past 40 years or so. The owner is an artist with a taste for the medieval and whimsical.

We stayed in the tower room, and the accommodations were very pleasant. The bed was comfortable, the private bathroom had everything we needed and the complimentary coffee and coffee maker in the room was great!

Since this is the owner's residence too, I'd call before arriving.

Visited February 2013