“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
SC
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed here for one night while visiting family in the area. We were upgraded to an executive suite. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. Would stay here again with no hesitation.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The place itself is new and nice, but the owner and staff are most exceptional.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Merrick, NY
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We reserved a king room but were given a double queen, which was corrected right away. Location was convenient as a base for sightseeing, and the price was good for off-season. Room was clean and staff was friendly and helpful. The bed is firm but we like it that way, and extra pillows were in the dresser drawers. We didn't eat breakfast there but it seemed limited, perhaps because the hotel wasn't busy. Low water pressure in shower. There was a "safe charge" of $1.50 per night, but when you make the reservation it says on the web site that there may be such a charge (as well as other local fees), so it wasn't a surprise. We didn't use the pool but my husband used the exercise center and liked it. A grocery and a convenience store are nearby.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IGAK
Kinston, North Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Surprising that two chains built new hotels near Cooperstown, when tourist season is only three months long. The off-season price I paid was terrific. They tried to tack on an extra safe fee which is shocking and I refused to pay it. The rooms are just OK, starting with the prefab wood truss construction. The decor is forgettable, the housekeeping regrettable (they forgot to clean my room one day). Fresh towels one day reeked of chlorine, so bad I had to get them changed. The breakfast bar was annoying in that they put out fewer items in smaller quantities on Monday than they did on Sunday. Saving the best for last, the pool area is the highlight -- don't miss it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank KorbinDallas

Travelers are raving about these Milford hotels

Commack, NY
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We decided to travel up to Cooperstown and nearby Howe Caverns as a last hoorah before school started. We choose this hotel as it was close to Cooperstown and seemed like it was new. The staff was helpful and gave us some ideas were we could eat and alittle about the surrounding area. The hotel was clean with a pool (which we didn't use) and game room (which the kids loved ). The room was big enough for a family of 4, but the beds were very uncomfortable and the shower did not have great pressure. They had a continental breakfast in the morning but we opted for breakfast in town (Doubleday Cafe, Great!!). Of course The Hall of Fame was incredible. The cons of this hotel were not a deal breaker and the cost was relativley low.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Massapequa, NY
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stayed here for 6 nights while our son was playing baseball at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Loved the hotel - it was conveniently located right next to the park. Would stay here again. Had our 9 year old daughter with us and she loved the pool area and the game room. The staff was helpful and tried to be accomodating with our large crowd. Wished there was an outside lounge to catch some rays during our downtime.

• Stayed August 2009
Nj
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We booked our stay online in April and booked a jacuzzi suite with a king bed. We have stayed at this location before and never had any complaints.The bed was just very hard...... Upon check in the receptionist handed me my room keys and had me sign. I then asked her if it was the jacuzzi suite and she at that time informed me that their were ants in that room so we were just getting a regular room. I then asked what the new rate would be and she said it was the same, I questioned how could it be the same if it is a better room and she then talked to her manager and it would be 40 dollars less. The thing was that she never checked my identification and then never told me about the room. So fine, I went on my way and got my fiance and brought our things into the hotel. Upon entering our room, I saw that it was 2 double beds. So we went from the best room in the hotel to the absolute worst. My fiance is 6-5, he doesnt fit in a double bed thus in hence why we get kings..
He then approached the front desk and she asked what the problem was, he told her and she couldnt see a problem with that. He asked for another room and she said I dont think we have any more rooms, without even looking. Her manager, Stacia, then came out and resolved the situation by moving us to a king bed suite which was absolutely fine. We know things occur and they couldnt provide us with a jacuzzi suite but atleast tell us that..
Besides that, the room was breatiful... but the BEDS arte HORRIBLE.................... Breakfast was very small... just some coffee and some small things..... Doesnt compare to other breakfasts at other hotels.. But we dont go for the breakfast... PS.. do not get coffee from the Mc Doanlds in Town... YUCK!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#10 of 16 in Cooperstown
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#1 of 9 in Oneonta

Been to Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!