“Broken toilet and they didn't even make the beds! ”

Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milford
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Broken toilet and they didn't even make the beds! ”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Although the title says it all we arrived and the woman who checked us in was very nice suggesting a spot for dinner but then it deteriorated. Our toilet chain broke and it took several hours for someone - Mike I think to come. He then showed us how to flush slowly. My husband and I each had to lift up the tank and fix it multiple times during our stay. To top it off the next day they put new towels in the room but never made the beds or picked up a used towel on the floor where the beds were. For $100+ a night I expect better.

Breakfast was typical for this type of accommodation nothing special I would not return and if this was my first stay at a Country Inn I would not return. Very disappointed.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ello4977
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently stayed here with another family. This was our second trip to C-town in 3 years, and our first stay at the Country Inns. The front desk staff is VERY friendly and accomodating, and our room was spacious and clean.

We had some problems with the plumbing in our room and with getting our room cleaned, but the manager gave us 20% off our bill, which we were very appreciative of.

We got the feeling that they were understaffed, even though it was only April and the busy season has not yet begun. It seemed like there just were not enough people to get the rooms clean or keep an eye on things - papertowels out in the bathroom, running out of food for breakfast (we had to ask in the kitchen for refills, someone else had to ask for more plates), vacumming the hallways/elevator.

I would recommend hiring someone whose main job is quality control, and keeping an eye on the little details, which end up being the difference between average and excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The staff here are wonderful. They are friendly, helpful and gracious. The facilities are OK. Our room was very clean. I used lysol wipes over all the hard surfaces and the wipes came up clean (I do this as we have had a norovirus issue in the past). Overall, a lovely experience.

Stayed March 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in the off-season, we arrived and was quite surprised by friendly staff checking us in, moved us to a room away from the family with little kids. The issues arouse after the stay, have contacted the hotel management on numerous occasions about post-stay issues and have received no response and if I did receive a response it was a lie. Was told my room would be credited to my account, the manager cannot tell me what card she credited the account to. Am still waiting for her to return a prior phone call. Would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura J
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noisy kids in the room next to you. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. . Please contact Corporate Customer Care if you require additional assistance in this matter.

Travelers are raving about these Milford hotels

Beacon, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived around noontime and checked, not expecting our room to be ready, but wanting to verify our reservation. We headed out for the rest of the day. We arrived back at the hotel around 5:00pm to get into our room... well.. there was a mix up - not the end of the word.. We booked a king room and were given a room with 2 full beds- as soon as we entered the room we could hear the people in the room next to our (every room as an adjoining door to the next room) My husband went down to the desk to ask for #1 a king room and #2 a room with no other guests right next door.. The Manager seemed frazzled- she was rambling on to us about the exact size per inch of the beds and took us back and forth to 3 different rooms to prove her point (what her point was I still don't know) We just wanted to get into our room, change and head out for dinner..
Finally she instructed the Housekeeper to ready a king room for us- which this sweet lady did and we thanked her..
The hotel is very clean, good location, nice free breakfast. Absolutely no complaints regarding cleanliness!! The lobby had a nice section of tables chairs and a couch and a large flat screen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 9, 2014

As we traveled in October 'the season' was nearly over and when we arrived we were the only car in the car park. Check in was very smooth and the staff were great. The room was very clean and spacious with a good sized bathroom and comfortable beds. Breakfast was a good assortment of cereals and juice and hot foods, pancakes and muffins. The breakfast area is a good size. The gentleman on the desk was most helpful on what to do and see apart from the Baseball Hall of Fame and suggested Fly Creek Cider Mill which I can thorough recommend. (Separate post) When we left there were a few more cars - but still not crowded. Very relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed with family for one night just a week ago. We went off season to go to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Perhaps off season is not a good choice for this hotel. I think we were 1 of 2 parties staying that night. There were about 5 cars total in the parking lot including staff. We entered the lobby which is very impressive - large, warm and inviting. We were quite early and didn't expect to check in. Just wanted to let them know we arrived since we had 2 cars and were going to leave one in the lot while we went into town. The young woman behind the counter was pleasant and quite casual. She said we could check in at that time which was a convenient surprise. I had requested a room on a high floor but was given a room on the first floor. Not a major problem. We arrived in the room and I entered the bathroom. The toilet was soiled by a previous guest and had not been cleaned. I picked up my bag and went back to the desk. We were given another room just 2 doors down. That was fine. My son used the bathroom and pointed out that there were spots of dried urine on the toilet seat. I was so skeeved (for lack of a better word) that I was so cautious about touching anything. I was glad that it was only one night. I didn't bother requesting another change of room since it seemed to be a consistent pattern with the bathrooms. I dealt with it for the night. And was out of there early the next morning. The staff were pleasant and check in/out was convenient and easy. But the lack of cleanliness makes a big difference for me. Unfortunately, I can't say this was a good experience. Perhaps when the hotel is busy in season there is more attention given to the cleaning details. But I won't be returning to check that out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MommaJM618
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issue with our Housekeeping staff as well as our maintenance staff, again I apologize for the unfortunate circumstances. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#1 of 9 in Oneonta
The Lake House
The Lake House
#4 of 4 in Richfield Springs

Been to Cooperstown Inn & Suites at the Ballpark? Share your experiences!