“Great trip”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Bayonne, United States
“Great trip”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I didn't realize when I booked the room that the NY State H.O.G. rally was being held near the hotel. It was a welcomed surprise for us. Everyone was so friendly and we met a lot of great people which made the stay extremely pleasurable. There are many restaurants in walking distance. It's a very quiet and scenic location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Donna C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family booked several rooms a month in advance for our annual getaway trip to the country from NYC. After waiting 10-15 minutes in the lobby we attempted to check-in at 4pm and the room they gave us smelled like a cigarette factory. Another room was not available until almost 5pm - despite check-in being 3pm. After waiting by the heated pool outside we got our room on the 4th floor. The bathroom is similar to a property of lesser quality and price, so we were disappointed that for $179/night, we had a dingy bathroom with a slow draining sink, poor water pressure in the shower and a slow draining shower. I'm sorry but that is gross and shows the lack of maintenance. Our king bed only had 3 pillows so we called for more. The front desk said they ran out of pillows! I went down to express my disappointment and the gentleman managed to locate 2 pillows. Room was spacious but shows signs of aging. Controls for ac is on the PTAC (wall unit below window) unit itself, not on a thermostat on the wall. Flat screen tv decent size but there is an unusually long delay in changing channels (5 seconds or so for video to display). Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is included (self-service) with scrambled eggs, meat, waffle maker, dry cereal, oatmeal, fruits and an assortment of bread products. Seating area is comfortable but fills up quickly. The hotel does not have a bar, however a 3 minute walk puts you inside the Marriott's bar. There are 3 restaurants within a 5 minute or less walk.

In my opinion this hotel is 2 1/2 stars. The 2 star option would make this property a 'poor' review, while a 3 star makes it 'average'. When we return to the area, we will likely stay at the Marriott and use the pool at the Hampton Inn (Marriott has an indoor pool). Yes I know that's cheating, but I'm sure someone in our family will have a room or two at the Hampton Inn!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank PipeDoctor
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Always stay for breakfast so we can save time. Today got downstairs no oatmeal no muffins no batter for waffles no bacon or sausage waited 40 min for eggs when they brought them out they brought 2 cups of scrambled eggs complain but felt no sense of urgency
Room was bad couldn't keep sheets on bed ended up sleeping on bare mattress gross
So fed up with hilton last two visits were disastrous

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Bigrog65
StephanieBazukiewicz, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We appreciate your candid feedback and always strive to exceed customers’ expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the condition of your stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Is there anything I can do to make sure your stay flawless next time? Please let me know by calling 845.344.3400. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologizes for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Middletown, NY
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for years and as always it is great! The staff, is very polite and helpful and the fitness area is always clean and available. We love to come to our little getaway and just relax, shop, dine etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 160geraldinec
Rochester, NY, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had an outstanding stay. Your front desk staff member Jennifer was exceptional. I spoke with her each of the 3 days of my stay. She was friendly and personable. It was obvious she enjoyed her job. My experience was so good I purposely booked another Hampton Inn in Sayre, PA which was almost as good. I have no complaints and will look for Hampton Inn as my first choice for accommodations when I travel in the future. Joe Schwartz

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Joe S
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We came to Middletown for a wedding. Hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly. I have a dairy allergy and noticed for breakfast they didn't have any soy milk. I asked the staff and someone ran out and picked up soy milk for me. I couldn't be happier with their service. Thank you !

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank STeres67
Troy, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The location, friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the the facilities were all top notch. The rate is fair for the amenities offered (includes free breakfast and parking) and helpful to families on vacation. Would definitely do a return visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Courtyard by Marriott Middletown
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!