“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Nice stay”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 4 with 2 double beds. We had a clean room with the typical Hampton Inn breakfast. Decor was very nice. There was an outdoor heated pool which was nice. Would stay here again if in town.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Garrison, NY
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. Having stayed in quite a few Hampton Inns, I would say that this one is just a bit below average. Check in was fine, and the property was clean for the most part, except for the elevator. While my room was the same as other Hamptons I've stayed in, there was an extremely overpowering Febreeze smell throughout. It was as if they were trying to cover up with air freshener rather than actually having everything clean. I have not encountered this at other Hamptons. The managers should consider changing this, as it can be difficult for people with allergies, like me. I did not ask to change rooms, since I assumed each room would be the same. The breakfast was not as extensive as I've encountered before, either, although what they did have was fresh. If I return I may try the Courtyard across the street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bandlady
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I'd like to start my review by saying that I've been to close to 100 Hampton properties in the last few years, My wife and I are routine HHonors Diamond members and are well traveled in the other brands as well. Compared to other Hampton Inn properties we've stayed at and the quality of our stay, this location is below average among the Hampton branded hotels we've stayed at.

This Hampton Inn is located off US 17 and nestled among 3 other hotels. One is a Courtyard by Marriott (also owned by the same group that operates this Hampton Inn), a Holiday Inn, and a Microtel Hotel. This hotel seems to be the hot spot for wedding parties to stay at in the area as nearly every night that we were staying, there was some wedding party occupying the hotel. This had mixed results as some of the parties stayed in the lobby all night and some were less obtrusive. We also noticed that multiple nights this hotel was hosting pool parties. So if you wanted to enjoy the pool in the evening, you had to contend with the party. I think the solution to this would be to remove the gas grill that they had outside; which usually suggests that a BBQ by the pool is normal for a family hotel. The hotel is also surrounded by 4 restaurants (Soho Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, and TGI Fridays).

We were given a King bedded room at our request. The room was smaller, but it was nice that they had a microwave and refrigerator. This hotel is an older style property and much of the room was showing signs of dating (peeling carpet, scuffed up lighting, etc. The amenities in the bathroom were on par with other Hampton properties, and the showers had plenty of hot water. The air conditioner worked well, but was loud. Although our bed was a king bed, the sheets didn't seem to match the bed as they rolled up every night; which became annoying.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical Hampton Inn fare of some sort of egg, sausage/bacon/ham, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, pastries, and milk. Most mornings the area was stocked well but I would suggest getting their earlier because around 900am the breakfast area gets packed and finding a place to sit gets tricky.

The staff at the hotel also led me to giving a 2/5 rating. Jen (front desk) and Liz (housekeeping) were great. We found the rest of the staff to be impersonal. Some mornings we'd say hello to the staff we'd pass in the hall or at the front desk and most mornings I was ignored. These are the little things that make me want to come back or recommend a hotel. It also says a lot about what you can expect when you stay there; which was on par with our stay overall.

Overall, a below average (but not terrible) Hampton Inn. We paid around $140/night plus tax with a AAA discount, but most of the other guests were paying closer to $180 per night plus tax; which is abominable for the location and amenities associated with the hotel. The weddings really enabled them to get away with charging this rate as most nights the hotel was booked. There are two other Hampton Inn locations in the area. One in Woodbury by the outlet mall and one in Fishkill. My family and I found the Fishkill location to be the better of the two we've stayed at and much more reasonable price wise. Stay if you must, but know there are better places to stay in Middletown.

1 Thank goldarch
Lockport, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family stayed here overnight this past weekend. We got to our room and soon took notice of what appeared to be a blood stained comforter on one of the beds. Called the front desk and we were told that " it would be taken care of as soon as the person who takes care of these things got done with their break" ..............ya, sure take your time......Anyways, we eventually got a new comforter. Later in the evening, I was helping my 4 year old dry off after his shower and discovered a blood stained towel. Just disgusted at this point. Fast forward to bed time. I move the mattress of the bed near the wall over closer to the wall so my sun won't roll off the bed. I look down and there is a huge urine or something else stain on the bottom mattress. Then there was a horrible moldy/ mildew smell. It was a horrible experience and we will never stay in another Hampton. The Spatorico Family

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 232
2 Thank Smasterspats
StephanieBazukiewicz, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Spatorico Family,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Middletown, NY. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.
Camden, SC, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Friendly, great staff and very good breakfast. House keeping staff goes the extra yard ensuring your stay is both comfortable and safe. If you happen to forget something in your room, rest easily they will find it and return it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Gerard E
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love a Hampton. I Love knowing what to expect. This is not everything I expected. We booked a non smoking room. Checked in went to the room opened the door and were knocked over by the smell of smoke. We are not the type of people to really complain. We looked at each other and both knew we could not sleep with that. We went right back down to the front desk. They stated it was a non smoking room but gave us another room. This new room had a plaque above the door that said no smoking, that first room did not. Room was clean but dated the pictures online from 2012 are exactly the same room just a little more worn? The price seemed higher after staying there. Staff was friendly and the second room was clean. I had to only give it 3 because of the initial smoking room (people choose a non smoking room for reasons), and the dated bathroom with no counter space, and no closet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Westchester, NY
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I usually stay at places a little more upscale than Hampton Inns, so I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean; I'd say the housekeeping staff was very thorough. The beds were good. Breakfast was ok (but decent for what it was), and the staff was very pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank PeriWestchester_NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!