“Don't Stay at Hampton Inn if you want late checkout ( especailly all you buisness people)”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Middletown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Middletown
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Sucked! Part of the hotel staff was rude as they kicked me out, and they don't have enough non smoking rooms. I selected late check out for 5pm and they disregarded my request and deactivated my ke at 3pm and told me they needed the room immediately. The handicapped room at that, which is always available. Why did they need it? Because the cleaning staff was leaving soon. And the rude people at the front desk were completely unprofessional and could care less. I had no where to go for 2 hours. And by the way I am pregnant. Isn't that nice?!?!?! I will be staying at the neighboring Marriot and I will also UPLOAD the video I made on my you tube channel as well. I've got enough followers that this will stir up some good comments in the relies on you tube.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

8 Thank Samantha B
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Middletown, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. I am thankful that we were able to speak about this incident last week. We do honor late check out requests whenever possible and I do apologize that your approved request for a 5PM check out was not communicated properly to the evening shift. I can completely understand why you felt as if you were being forced to leave the hotel, particularly since our keys automatically disable for guest's safety if not updated when appropriate. Please understand that this is not our typical procedure for handling special requests. We have reviewed this with our staff to ensure future incidents like this do not repeat. Once again I sincerely apologize and appreciate the fact that you brought this to our attention.

We pride ourselves on the satisfaction of our guests. Again, I apologize that we failed to live up to our reputation for your visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Forest Hills, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked this hotel to bird the bashakill. We received a good rate utilizing an on-line coupon. Great location 30 minutes from Woodbury Commons, 15 minutes to bashakill, short walk to restaurants, five minute drive to a mall, grocery store and movie theater.

Alma checked us in; she was friendly and efficient. Felt welcome the minute we walked into the well decorated lobby. It is like walking into a friend’s living room. The well-appointed clean room had two comfy queen bed (maybe a bit too soft for me), flat screen TV (cable and Showtime), coffee maker, small frig., microwave, Iron/board, blow dryer and lots of drawer space. The air conditioner was LOUD. I reported this to the receptionist and it was still loud the next day. The windows do not open so the room was either stuffy or we would be woken up by the air conditioner. In spite of having two wedding parties staying at the hotel it was quiet; no outside room noise was heard.

Breakfast is served each morning in a warm, welcoming, large breakfast area. The breakfast and coffee were much better our last stay. Cereals, hot fresh oatmeal, make your own waffles, choice of two types of eggs ,breakfast meat, yogurts, whole and sliced fruit, assorted breads and pastries, donuts, juices. The scrambled eggs were very dry (inedible to me). 24hr. coffee, tea and an afternoon treat are available.

Complimentary parking, USA today and Wi-Fi are available. Just off the breakfast room is a well hidden guest computer room.

The outdoor pool is closed till memorial weekend but the fitness center is open. Another tripadvisor post suggested the Marriott pool may be available to the Hampton Inn guest; this is untrue.

This place is so clean. Who doesn’t love their philosophy “Fresh & Clean for Every Guest.” Yes they really change the duvets between each guest! The room felt and smelled truly clean. I hope that other hotels adopt this philosophy.

I would recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a quiet air-conditioning/heating unit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gershwin12
Fair Haven, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. The room was clean, attractive, and comfortable. The breakfast had a very nice variety of foods and was well maintained. The staff was exceptionally helpful and courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Oshu, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Friendly staff (JJ was especially helpful to us); nice clean rooms; TV has a good variety of channels; good breakfasts with variety (3 different breakfasts on a 3-day stay); tea/coffee/hot chocolate service + cookies 24 hours a day; Applebee's is right across the parking lot; breakfast staff regularly interacted with guests; they even call to check up on your stay. All in all everything you could ask for in a hotel.

The fitness room is a little on the small side and the pool was closed but that was not a major problem for us. I believe they offered to let us use pool with the affiliated hotels in the same lot.

I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Not all Hampton Inns are pet friendly but this one is and with no extra cost. Bonus! The hot breakfast is good, the staff was attentive and the room was quiet and clean. The internet connection was stable and overall it was a very nice overnight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed with my daughter for one night - it was clean, quiet and pleasant although the heater is pre-set and it was a bit chilly on that late March evening. The front desk was very helpful when we had to call for directions - we arrived after dark and had taken the wrong freeway exit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 3Bakers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm a customer service director for in the medical insurance field and I recently stayed here on a business trip. All I can say is I used the front desk receptionist, Erin, in my speech on customer service the very next day. Not only was she welcoming and efficient, but she exceed any expection I had. She took the time to educate me on the rich history of the area, was very accommodating to any of my concerns and was all around the model of what I would want my staff to be. I have stayed at many hotels for business and have never written a review because nothing has made me stand back and say "Wow!!". But i need to give recognition where it's due. From my conversation with Erin, I have decided that I will be making a personal trip back to the Hudson Valley to explore. And I will definitely be staying at the Hampton Inn! The breakfast was great, as well as the room. My hat goes off to your training staff because you can really tell the difference the staff. Thank you Hampton Inn for giving me this great experience!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Alisha57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Middletown? Share your experiences!