“Very convenient location - clean and comfortable”

Hampton Inn Middletown
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at this location recently the night before we dropped our son off at camp in the Catskills. The staff is every friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. The location is convenient for a couple of reasons. It is near (walking distance) several restaurants including an Outback Steakhouse and TGIFriday's. It is also convenient to the highways both north/south and east/west. Hampton Inns provide a consistent and very satisfying complimentary breakfast at every location which generally includes an egg dish, bacon or sausage, hot oatmeal, and a variety of breads, fruits and cold cereals. This was our second stay at this location and we will likely return next year when we drop off at Stagedoor Manor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy P
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We're delighted to see you enjoyed your stay while dropping your son at Stage Door Manor. I hope you also connected with the other parents that stay here. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Spent one night here in June. Was welcomed by very friendly, chatty M in the reception. Were given an oversized room since we traveled with kids. Within minutes M phoned to check if the room was OK, which it was. Large with two queen beds, fridge and microwave. The decor was a little "beige" and dark, but the bathroom was bright with a bathtub and shower.

The room was clean and the bedsheets smelled fresh when we went to bed. I slept very well, but my husband lay awake listening to an annoying buzzing sound all night. Don't know where that came from.

Our (reasonable) rate included free parking, wi-fi and breakfast. Breakfast was served in the cozy lobby area, and consisted of the regular scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, juice, hot drinks and fruit.

Tea and coffee was available in the lobby throughout the day, and In the afternoon, cookies.

The hotel has coin laundry, a small outside pool and gym.

The hotel was in a small cluster of hotels close to the I-84, and a very short walk from the hotel was Blue Martini, Outback Steakhouse and T.G.I Friday's.

All in all a nice experience, good value for money, and wouldn't mind staying again.

Room Tip: Room 200 is an oversized room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank erschel
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. The young lady from check in was delighted to see you mentioned her in your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Middletown.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, the last being last year. It's a good location with a Ruby Tuesday and an Outback in the same parking lot to walk to. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. Last year I gave it a 5, this year a 4. I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I may be a little picky. However, the room I was in was getting a little tired. It was clean, but had lots of peeling wallpaper and almost a musty smell when entering. And the price offered no value. Hopefully, this property will undergo a renovation at some time. It's also disappointing to me that some Hilton hotels still have smoking rooms. This tends to drift through the hotel. I will certainly stay here again, but I hope they start looking at updating.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, stay off of the smoking floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. It's great to have a returning Hilton Honors member. We definately appreciate your loyalty. We are currently looking into eliminating our smoking rooms. We hope the improvements that are currently in the works will get us back up to a 5 rating. Please feel free to contact me with any further recommendations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Traveling to the east coast on a turnaround stop,this location was close enough to get there the next day quickly,@ 2hrs 30 mins to Groton @ the speed limits,so its "handy" as a location.Friendly desk,easy in and out ,good breakfast,clean,quiet accomidations,great bed,nice tv.....pleasant surroundings.....all add up to me to be what I needed and what I pay for.I'd sure stay there again and reccomend to all travelers,and the pool area looked very inviting though we did not have a chance to use it.Very nice Hampton!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

We were delighted to be your hotel of choice for your visit East. Thank you for taking the time to reflect your sentiment. Our staff really appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend for our son's wedding. We reserved a block of 15 rooms for family and friends, and had a wonderful experience. As hotel owners of a 3-Diamond, 32-room hotel in New Hampshire, we are very particular about details, and everything here was wonderful, making a very pleasant and memorable stay. The personal attention we received, the clean accommodations, the newly renovated space, and the professional & gracious hospitality very so appreciated. We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but if all the Hamptons are like this one, it will be a hotel of choice for us in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

On behalf of our entire team, Thank You for your review. It means so much to have been an integral part of your family's experience. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to meet with many of you first hand. Your kind words are very much appreciated by all. Please continue to put your faith in Hampton. You won't be disappointed. We GUARANTEE it!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn this memorial day weekend, the check in and checkout was quick and painless. Staff gave great direction's to local eateries, and room was clean and loved the breakfeast. One particualr staff member (D) at the front desk was Awsome and a cutie!! Will recomend to all Everyone. P.S. needed more cookies.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrjohn1985

I can not thank you enough for your glowing recommendation of our hotel. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return. Our Hamptonality will waiting for you. On behalf of the staff - THANK YOU.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Sometimes when a hotel is full service tends to fall apart. Or sometimes the staff is just inexperienced or immature. As far as cleanliness and other amenities including breakfast I can find no fault. What bothers me most about some hotels is when guests smoke outside the doors where the smoke is certain to bother guests coming and going, or the smoke is pulled inside the building. Since smoking is not allowed in hotels in New York state smokers should have to go off property. This night apparently brought in a convention of red necks which if I were to guess were staying at a hotel above their means. Or maybe that situation just put the staff on edge. I'll hold further comment until I've had a chance to stay here on a "normal" night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I have reviewed your comments with our staff. We will continue to monitor the smoking near our entrances. If you would like to discuss any additional feedback please feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. We hope you will provide us with additional follow up upon your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!