Hampton Inn Middletown
Courtyard Middletown(Middletown)
$185
$139
Courtyard
Sleep Inn & Suites(Middletown)
$157
$100
Agoda.com
$93
$110
ComfortInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscookiesrestaurants within walking distancepleasant staffroom was cleanthe breakfast areawould stay here againwafflescomplimentary breakfastgreat place to stayoutdoor pooloff the highwayfront desk staffbusiness centerhudson valleybusiness tripnew yorkhome away from home
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here again during a major plumbing problem in our house. So we were here for a week and it became our home away from home. Again, we had a quiet and immaculately clean room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. There was always hot water, plenty of towels and they now put a TV channel guide in the room. Breakfast was even better then I remembered with the addition of fresh blueberries, and hot items like eggs and bacon. Hot tea and cookies were available in the late afternoon. Our room had a microwave and fridge, so we were able to save dinner out leftovers for lunch the next day. The room also had a pull out sofa. Since we were back and forth to our own house so often dealing with workmen, i lost my key three times. The staff were very pleasant about making me a new key, everytime it happened.
They are remodeling the lobby and this had almost no impact on our stay, as breakfast was
served in one of the conference rooms.
I had considered the Marriott, as they have an indoor pool, and we babysit for my granddaughter who would have loved it. But, we decided the Marriott wasn't worth the extra money and they don't provide breakfast. In the end it was a good decision, because we were able to buy a day pass at the Middletown YMCA for $20, and use their huge pool for the afternoon.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank robandlil
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. We are delighted that you choose to stay with us during your plumbing problem. It's great to see you were able to utilize the YMCA for some relaxation during your stay. It was great news to hear you were not affected at all by the renovations. You have to come back and visit us in a few weeks to see the completed product. Feel free to come back and visit us for breakfast one morning. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Seemed a bit pricey for an interstate-side hotel on a Wednesday night (as did the other hotels in this cluster, so perhaps there's something special about this location that I didn't know about as a passerby), but once I told them that I'd just stay at the Microtel because their rate didn't match my budget they cut me a deal since it was late at night and they still had rooms. So for $10 more than Microtel I got Hampton Inn quality and Hilton Honors points. The lobby and lounge area were very presentable. Carts were readily available. Our room was nice and clean with a large HDTV. The included breakfast was very good and plentiful. We were quite happy that we decided to stay here. There's a small pool outside that would be a nice perk in season. There are also several restaurants a short walk away including Outback Steakhouse and Blue Martini.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our property. I've shared your comments with our staff at our recent team huddle. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Middletown. We're delighted you chose to stay with us!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Super Clean
Centrally located to Highways and Route 17
Nice Staff
Super clean duvet and sheets
Bathroom spotless
Will recommend
Will stay again

My girlfriend and I are from New York and like nice things for reasonable prices. We highy recommend this hotel. Book with confidence

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you kindly for your glowing recommendation of our hotel. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We have family in the area and we have stayed at this hotel since it opened at least twice a year. It is our choice for the area. We are always treated well and this past trip was the same. The front desk staff are helpful and get us in and out quickly. Because we are hilton honor members, they gave us a slightly larger room which was nice and helpful with two kids. We love their lobby area and find it comfortable to just hang out in. I even wrapped some presents down there when I needed a larger table. The staff were helpful by providing me scissors. The rooms are well kept and we enjoy the breakfast. I agree with another reviewer - their breakfast is usually above other Hampton Inns. We stay at Hamptons a lot and this one usually has a great variety of danish, bagels and donuts. My kids love their sprinkle donuts! The location is also great - easy to get on the highway. The mall is right around the corner and there are several restaurants within walking distance. We had a great stay and will probably be back again next summer.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KMR96
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

We certainly appreciate your review. I too am a sucker for our sprinkle donuts! We're looking forward to seeing you again this summer. I'm sure the kids love the pool. There's nothing better in the summer than sitting out at the pool and ordering pizza to be delivered POOL SIDE! By the way, I'm guessing the present you were wrapping for me got lost on your way home. Oh well. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed at this property on two different occasions on a recent trip from Maine to South Carolina and return. We've also stayed here in the past because of the advantages this property offers to travelers to and from New England: very easy, convenient on-off access to and from I-84; several restaurants in immediate proximity to the hotel; friendliness of staff; and, if wanted, easy access to a major shopping mall nearby.
The following restaurants are within easy walking distance of the hotel: Outback Steak House, T.G.I. Friday's, Chili's, and a local place called the Blue Martini.
Check-in and check-out were extremely efficient, but still friendly. Check-in took less than three minutes start-to-finish and check-out took less than a minute. And with their fresh-baked cookies (if you get there before they're all gone) and always-ready coffee/tea available in the lobby, there's no need to spend big bucks for a restaurant dessert.
Both our stays were quiet and enjoyable. We were a bit concerned when we arrived for our southbound stay because much of the parking lot was occupied by utility repair trucks. It turned out they belonged to several crews helping restore power, phones and cable television to parts of Connecticut following a freak heavy Fall snowstorm. But we never heard any unusual noises at any time during our stay, despite the fact that we looked out the window just before sun-up and saw a convoy of several dozen trucks from our hotel (and two others nearby) forming up in a convoy to hit the road. If we hadn't seen their vehicles, we never would have know the repair crews were there during our stay.
We use Hampton Inns frequently and have historically found the breakfast at this property to be somewhat above the average Hampton offering. However, for whatever reason, on our southbound stay this time, their breakfast seemed adequate but not up to our past experiences ....the hot oatmeal container obviously hadn't been attended to in a while, there were several un-wiped tables in the breakfast area, the breakfast area attendant wasn't as visible as usual etc. We noted those items when we received the usual guest survey e-mail from Hampton following our stay and almost immediately received a separate e-mail from the hotel manager acknowledging our concerns. Our feelings that those issues were the exception, rather than the rule for this property were confirmed on our return trip north, when the breakfast area was clean and well-taken-care-of, with an attendant who was obviously ready and anxious to help guests with their breakfast choices. In addition to the usual Hampton offerings of cold and hot cereal, fresh fruit, juice/coffee/tea/hot chocolate, and the Hampton hot-breakfast-of-the-day, we find this hotel traditionally offers outstanding bagels and breakfast pastries.
This Hampton has become our "go to" lodging choice on road trips to destinations south and west of New England and will be our first choice for bookings on our next trip through the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mainer-On-The-Go
MLTNY, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

It's great to see we are still your hotel of choice! Thank you for the feedback. As you can tell, we take our guests' comments seriously and work to make improvements from them. I hope to see you the next time you're in town. Feel free to contact me personally for your reservation. All the best until we meet again!