Holiday Inn Middletown
$92
$149
$137
Home2.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Middletown)
$107
$93
$110
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskroom was cleanwasher and dryernice amenitiesopened the doortwo double bedsnice stayhotel staffdesperate needwould stay againbreakfast buffeti'm gladconcert at bethel woodsstayed here for one nightshort staycoffee maker
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn and it was a good one... and to be honest I can't complain too much as my friends and I stayed here free on a friend's dad's platinum card! We had two connecting suites which were comfy enough and quiet too, although I would have expected a bigger room for a suite (also the ceilings throughout the hotel are pretty low, but that's just a small niggle!).

We also had coupons for breakfast which were fab - worth $4 we thought we would have to pay something additional but we got two eggs, toast and OJ with just the coupon!

The staff in the hotel were helpful and courteous, despite us being a large group of college age kids who decided to hang out by the pool at 1am! There was a lovely chatty housekeeping lady and I also want to thank our waitress who put my purse aside when i left it in the breakfast room by accident!

Facility wise, the hotel also has both a small indoor and a bigger outdoor pool. The latter is particularly nice with a gazebo style hut at the end where you can relax in the shade if you get tired of sunbathing. Location wise, food outlets and a shopping mall are a short drive away - just don't expect to get anywhere by foot.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RachelBL
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A great hotel with a friendly atmosphere and a welcoming reception area. We only stayed for one night but the staff seemed helpful and the room was clean.

Sadly we didn't get the opportunity to use any services as we had to leave quickly the following morning but I would stay again. Perhaps a little pricy for the area.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We checked in at 11 pm , it had been a long hard day (2 days ) . And as we entered the Hotel and the room , we heaved a sigh of relief and felt as comfortable as Home .

We had a long flight from Singapore , which was longer than normal due to an unexpected halt in Frankfurt and change of airline. We arrived at Newark and then drove to Loch Sheldrake and then drove back to Middletown , in all we were on the road for over 36 hours , and awake most of the time. When we arrived

Reception and Check in

Check in was real smooth and the gentleman at the check in was very friendly and made us feel good. And after he heard of our long travel , he quickly asked if he can offer us some drink. When we said , nothing needed , he quickly ran into the back room and came back with 2 bottles of cold water , saying .... after all you did to get here , the least we can offer is some cold water . Great gesture and instantly making us comfortable .

Next morning we came down to the front desk for some directions , and was met by a young lady or Indian or Middle eastern origin ( i think ) , she was most helpful in guiding us to our destination and very friendly .

Breakfast :

The Hotel offered us 6 or 8 coupons of 4.00 Dollars each , and even though breakfast was not included in our booking , we were able to get breakfast against the coupons for all the days we stayed there . We ordered Ala Carte breakfast and the food and service was booth good

Rooms :

Room was spacious , clean and well equipped .
Not very modern , but that was not a bad thing . Room was nice and comfortable , had everything you need .
We had a room on the 2nd floor , facing the pool , nice view
Toilet was clean and nice .
Bed was comfortable

Coffee bar in the room

There was a coffee maker and Starbucks coffee in the room .
Gave me a great start to the day

Parking :

Car parking was free and ample

Location :

Great location , 1 minutes drive from the Freeway exit , providing great accessibility

I strongly recommend the Hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My 10 year old son and I stayed last night while visiting sleep-away camps. Staff were very friendly, room was clean, large and had nice amenities like a microwave, fridge, coffee machine and free wi-fi.
A surprise was the outdoor pool which was warm and clean as was the indoor pool. Children's breakfast is free and the food was okay,but not too expensive and they gave us a $4 voucher.
I would highly recommend the hotel and I never write reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I spent two nights in the hotel. When I walked in the room it felt extremely humid and smelled like mold. My sinuses immediately starting acting up (they are sensitive). I turned on the air conditioning and it got better, but never good. The first night the sheets were damp and it seems to me like they never dried them fully. The second night was better. Further, the hallway and the entry to the room smelled like smoke and my thought was that they had just cleaned the rugs after someone smoked in the non-smoking room, although I may be wrong.

There is no included breakfast, and the food I got at the bar was not bad, not great either. I would suggest it if nothing else in the area is available, but will not be coming back unless there is no other hotel available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RacerDad0
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear RacerDad0,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry that you didn’t find your stay as pleasant as you would have hoped due to the issues with . Rest assured that we will take your comments under consideration so they will help us become the best hotel we can be. We hope you give us the privilege to continue to serve you in the near future.

Karen C