“Great food and supurb service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cosimo's Brick Oven Of Middletown

Cosimo's Brick Oven Of Middletown
Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Hartford, New York
“Great food and supurb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were there for a business meeting this time. I have dined here a few times in the last 2 years, and it gets better with each visit. Our waitress, Elizabeth, was very friendly, and very knowledgable about all the selections. While billed as an Italian restaurant, they do well with seafood and steaks as well. The dinner was excellent, and the prices are fair. They also have gluten free pasta, and Elizabeth was very familiar their gluten free options.

The only complaint I would have is the noise level. The acustics are not too great. They need to add some fabric hanging from the ceilings to absorb some of the sound.

• Visited June 2014

Middletown, New York
“Great Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

For my birthday I was taken her on a Monday (Memorial Day). We love it when an Italian restaurant serves the Caprese appetizer with roasted peppers and tomatoes. They give you two kinds of bread. It's so delicious you try not to finish it all. I ordered a Caribbean Monkey and he ordered an Apple Martini with Grey Goose. I noticed that the waiter brought the drink mixer to pour in front of us. He told us he didn't want to drop any of it on the way to the table. The waiter was very polite and funny too. My fiancé ordered a NY style brick oven pizza and I ordered Sundried tomatoes alla vodka with bow tied pasta. He mentioned to the waiter that it was my birthday and I was embarrassed. I said "No, no!" The waiter said "we'll think of something.". Crap lol. I got a phone call during dinner and my fiancé told the waiter to bring me another drink. I didn't want another one because I didn't want to stumble out of the restaurant and take it easy. Well the waiter told the bartender it was my birthday and she upgraded the drink. All our food was perfect! Sometimes some Italian restaurants can try to do alla vodka and it doesn't come out good. This place did it right. So when the waiter asked if we wanted dessert I usually say yes but I said no because I didn't want the staff coming out singing to me. It's not my thing to be the center of attention. The waiter came out to our table with Tiramisu and lit a candle for me. He said "it didn't look like I wanted the singing." I thanked our waiter Paul and the female bartender for the added extras for my birthday. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
Middletown, New York
“Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is our go to place for pizza. We always get the Griliata with mozzarella and the house salad and one of the beers on tap. We choose the bar for a quieter experience, but we've also sat out in the main dining room and it is festive and comfortable. One improvement that can be made is the hostessing experience. It is not as attentive as it should be. A little more welcome, a bit more attention paid and a pleasant good bye is a must in good hospitality. But overall, we always enjoy our dining experience here.

• Visited March 2014
Bronx
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I really love this place! They have the best fried calamari and their pizza is amazing. I love that they change their specials so often. I wish their duck salad was available more often. Friendly staff is very attentive. Great place for families :)

“Fun place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Cosimos is very loud and if you are looking for a quiet dinner - don't go here. The ceilings are high and you have to almost yell to talk.
This place is great to get together with friends for a good time and have appetizers, pizza and the antipasto is great. Drinks are good but a little pricey. They have excellent complimentary bread. The entrees are just ok for me - nothing special. A little pricey overall for pasta dishes that aren't that great.

• Visited December 2013