All reviews continental breakfast room was clean bagels convenient location front desk staff stayed one night off the highway staff was very friendly discount sink mattress ny refrigerator mall
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I was assured by Microtel management that they would have given me a full refund if I chose to cancel. CheapOair kept insisting that the hotel would not allow a full refund and I did inform them that I did not believe them. Anyway, that has passed and we did stay at Microtel and enjoyed the stay. There is good value here and the personnel were very pleasant. Check in and out was speedy and the room was clean and air worked well.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
gmmicrotelmdltwn, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Thanks for taking the time to post this clarification. I'm glad you reached out to us to confirm the policy. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2010

The walls are paper thin. We could hear the woman in the next room carrying on a normal conversation on the phone. Then during the night we could hear the people in the next room having sex...This place was very pretty, great price, but I'd rather sleep at night and pay more money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience while you were here. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We take your feedback seriously and use these forums to help us make improvements to property. Please consider using us again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here about a dozen times over the past five years and we intend to come back again. We stayed this month and, apart from the overworked receptionist, our stay was fine. The motel really should have two people working at checkin hours in the evening since with phone ringing, occasional keycards which don't work or needed service to the coffee makers or towells in the room, one person is kept too busy. We had prepaid through Travelocity and saved $10 but this was missed by the computer system and I ended up standing at the front desk a full hour while the motel employee was on hold with Travelocity. Then, when they answered, she pushed the wrong button and was cut off! However, it really was not her fault since she was running ragged trying to do everything. Anyway, our room was clean, the television worked well, and the breakfast was great. True, rooms are small. True, internet WiFi is spotty in some rooms. True, furnishings are sparse. However, for 2/3 the price of nearby alternatives we found it fine. The other cheap hotels nearby are dirty and seem unsafe, so don't try them to save a few dollars. This one is fine. And I am 6' 4" tall! Although there is no restaurant on site, there are two next door (TGIF and Outback) and Domino's delivers here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This was my first and probably last time staying at a Microtel hotel. I did not realize that the name of the chain was indicative of the room and bed sizes. The rooms were very small and the beds, which were purported to be queen sized, were barely larger than a full-sized bed. This is okay for two people to sleep in if they know each other very well (or want to get to know each other well), but if they are two college-aged girls who want their space, then there is going to be some conflict. I and my wife were amused by how the Microtel chain kept the costs down: no closet - a wardrobe with no door; a window seat over the AC/heat unit in lieu of a chair in the room. The TV was stacked on top of the wardrobe and the batteries were missing out of the remote. I did not experience the noise problems that other reviewers had, but we stayed in this hotel during two cold January days and found that the window and the walls in both rooms that we had were very drafty. This is inexcusable for a hotel that is barely two years old. We had to crank up the heat to stay ahead of the draftiness. The breakfast was your standard continental breakfast - nothing to write home about. The WIFI signal in our room was weak, so getting emails and using the Internet was painful. I would recommend looking into the Hampden Inn or the Courtyard that are adjacent to this hotel and I would also suggest calling the hotel to see what kind of rate you can get especially in the low season - and especially in Middletown, which has turned into a real dump since I lived here 25 years ago.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cherrytree80

As the new General Manager here at the Microtel Inn and Suites I wanted to comment on your stay with us last year.

We're sorry to hear that your felt your room was too small. All of our rooms are fitted with queen size beds, however I can see how you thought it felt smaller in the single room. Our single room is our smallest and least expensive room category. If you are looking for a larger room on your next stay I would suggest staying in our Double room or Suite. They are quite a bit larger with more room to spread out. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our window seat either, most guests rave about this feature in the room.

Our maintenance department works hard to make sure the room is in tip top shape and I will be sure to check for any drafts or heating issues frequently. We are always using great feedback like yours to make improvements to our property so please check in with us again when you are traveling to our area.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

I have to concur with some of the other reviews here. The hotel is nice, clean, very comfortable beds, etc., but the noise is something else. The ironic thing is, it's mainly the housekeeping staff. Doors slamming, their carts bumping into the walls, etc. Very cheaply constructed building (looks nice, however), the sound from housekeeping and guests just goes right through the walls. It's a shame, as it's clean and reasonably priced. Maybe just bring some earplugs??? Also, bring your own coffee filters and utensils - the 'suite' concepts is extremely barebones.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business