“Good For One Night”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Middletown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I, unfortunately, stayed at this hotel for an entire weekend. The very first night we tried to switch to another hotel but they were all booked so we were stuck. This is by far the WORST hotel I have ever stayed! It was so bad, I thought for sure I was on candid camera or punk'd. Let me explain:

There was food on the floor of the hallway leading to our room - some sort of noodles clustered in a pile. The halls and rooms were dingy and filthy. The front desk clerk seemed odd - like the Bates Motel odd. The bed was as hard as a rock. My husband even tried to sleep on the dingy floor to avoid the hard bed. The bathroom was also dingy, and towels were a scarce resource. The tv was an old tube television set up high on top of a dresser and, of course, the remote control didn't work. The hotel was freezing in midwinter. The walls were thin and dirty. Then to top it all off, mid weekend the elevator stopped working. To be fair, you could ride down but you couldn't ride up, and there was no signage to warn the guests of this "little" problem. Indeed, my 69 year old mother was stuck in the lobby for a while due to her bad knees. ADA be damned, right Microtel?! Do not waste your money. You couldn't pay me enough money to endure that hellish experience again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bawesome2000
gmmicrotelmdltwn, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor about your recent stay. I was troubled to see you had so many issues and complaints regarding your stay in November. We take complaints such as this very seriously and I wish you would have given us the opportunity when you were here to fix the problem.

I would like for you to call me directly at 845-692-0098 at your convenience so that we can discuss your stay further. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lara Licata
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy my stay there...

Nice small room with good wifi and very comfortable bed...

Great customer service... Business center and complimentary basic breakfast... Eggs, English muffin, tea, coffee, oatmeal and more....

Great for quick business trip and for single sales rep....

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Holiday Inn Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Middletown
Comfort Inn &; Suites Goshen / Middletown

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown? Share your experiences!