All reviews continental breakfast room was clean bagels convenient location front desk staff stayed one night off the highway discount sink ny refrigerator mall
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I wasn't thinking when the name of the hotel was Microtel. The rooms were extremely small. The hotel was OK. If there is a choice between this hotel or the other two directly across the street, pick the ones across the street.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
gmmicrotelmdltwn, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking this opportunity to comment on your recent stay. I'm glad to hear your stay went well and would like to suggest one of our larger rooms on your next visit. Our double rooms and suites are much larger than our single rooms giving you ample room to spread out. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I drove from Baltimore non-stop and arrived at this "hotel" around 11pm to check in on June 15th, 2012. I was exhausted from driving and was looking forward to getting checked-in, settled, check my email and have a nice relaxing sleep. NONE OF THIS HAPPENED. I checked in, was given a room and key card, and this is where it all started. I proceeded to my (1st) room and the room was not bad, but it was directly across from an insanely loud nightclub. I tried to stay positive and thought the air conditioner might mask the noise long enough for me to fall asleep. Well, the A/C didn't work. I called the front desk and talked with the desk manager and he said he would be right up. He did come up and verified that the A/C was not working. He told me he would get me another room and that he would be back. I repacked my things and met him downstairs. (keep in mind this is after I filled the ice bucket, got something to drink, got changed into PJs, etc. I had to get redressed, and repack, etc. So, downstairs I told him I would like ANYTHING on the rear of the building, away from this crazy-loud nightclub with booooooming music. (Even sit behind a car with booming music at a stop light??) I could actually make the songs out from the room. I told him I would pay for ANY ROOM, ANY SIZE, suite, double bed, didn't matter, even though it was just me. He told me that he had NOT ONE ROOM available on the back of the facility, even though the parking lot was not full (and yes, I did drive around the facility when I arrived).

He then assigned me to a second room. This room was right below the first room and again was directly across from the Nightclub. I went into the room, got settled, checked the A/C, fetched another bucket of ice, etc. I then started to hear a bunch of noise from the neighbor, sounded like loud talking into a phone, profanity, etc. At this point I packed my things up and proceeded down to the front desk. I told the desk attendant that I was disgusted with the whole experience and was going somewhere else. It was now about 12:15AM and I was exhausted from first the drive and then dealing with all of this nonsense. He pleaded with me to let him get me another room and I was ready to walk out, but I was tired and the last thing I wanted to do was go on a hunt for another room. I should have left!

So, he assigned me to a 3rd room. Even after the unfolding of this entire debacle, he still would not assign me to a room on the back of the facility. I figured at this point I might have had a good chance, but I was wrong. This time he assigned me to a ground floor room, again almost directly across from the nightclub. (In fairness, the desk attendant was professional) At this point it was about 12:45AM until I got in and started to get settled. This room had a very bright light outside of the window, although the room-darkening curtains did seem to block most of it...and at this point I did not have the fight remaining in me. I had to get some sleep because the next day I had a 10 hour event to attend and then had to drive back to Baltimore, directly after the event. I finally got to sleep around 3AM. I did not sleep well at all, if fact I was 1.5 hours late for my event the next morning.

Note - Regarding the rooms, the carpet appeared to be "damp" in two of the rooms, walls are very thin, rooms are small. Old tube type TVs. Wifi speed was not fast. Elevators looked a little worn. In seeing some of the tenants in the hallways, I also got the impression that there are long term occupants in some of their rooms, which was a little strange I have to say. One good thing...Water pressure is good! And, the breakfast bar was not bad.

Upon checking out, I asked to speak with the manager. The current desk attendant (different from the one when I checked in) told me the manager was not there and would be in later. I then explained what had happened (to the new desk attendant) and that I was totally disgusted with the experience. While she did appear to listen with interest, the only thing she would offer is a 10% discount. I told her that I thought that was ridiculous, and again requested for the manager to contact me. I did not hear back from the manager, still to this day.
They sent an automated survey to me by email and I ignored the first request. The system must have automatically sent me another one and I did not respond for about 10 days. I decided to fill it out thinking that someone might actually respond. That was a few weeks ago and I have not heard a thing from anyone! My survey response was accurate, concise and complete, much like this review. I still to this day have not heard a word from this location, their manager or Microtel corporate. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was concerned to hear of the issues you had during your stay and have taken some time to review with our front desk staff the proper procedures should something like this happen again. James advised he spoke with you and was able to come to an agreeable resolution with which you were happy with. I'm happy to hear we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in the area for a wedding -- checked in, changed and left. Returned to sleep, had breakfast and checked out, so really didn't use the hotel to its potential.
The room was very clean and comfortable, though small, and the breakfast was more than just carbs and coffee -- yogert, fruit, bagles, toast, even a hard boiled egg.
Very convenient location, maybe one minute from Route 84. I would use Microtel for an overnight again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hotel is clean and well maintained. Beds were extremely comfortable. Conveniently located. Hotel staff were nice. But I have to agree with previous comments about paper thin walls and noise. We choose a room on the top floor thinking it would be quieter. We could hear the tv next door, alarm clocks going off (at midnight for 5 minutes at a time) and people talking next door. The floor vibrates every time somebody opens and closes their door or walks down the hallway. Tried to turn fan on to run continuously so that it would drown out the noise (no luck will not work without AC). Didn't get to sleep until after 2am. Will try across the street next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

One quick overnight. Nice room, quiet (A/C exceptionally quiet), clean. No problems.
Bathroom fixtures and fit are a step down from what I've experienced at Hampton Inns but this was perfect for me. Nice breakfast as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo