“Like being in Jamaica”

Add it.
Mario's Island Cuisine
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mario is a very friendly guy who runs a tiny restaurat just off Rte 211 in Middletown. Best jerk chicken on the east coast. Curried goat, curried chciken, brown stew chicken all home made and delicious. Late in the day Mario runs out of the most popular dishes, but there is always something good to eat.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Not a large selection, but what he does make he has perfected. My personal favorite is the stewed chicken. I have sampled the curry goat & chicken...both delicious. Home cooked taste you love. Decent portions & plenty of flavor for just a few bucks. Welcome to Island Cuisine.

1  Thank SufuJ
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I called at 2pm to pick up at 5:30pm because it is known for Mario's to either run out of something or just not have what is advertised on the menu. The owner whom is usually by himself when he works answered the phone and instead of taking the order rudely explained that" he was by himself and he was not taking any orders". I have been a customer at Mario's since HE OPENED....and I will never, ever, EVER return. For years you he has made a business where people return but you will not get more help or at least answer your phone professionally. I will not give my money to be rude to or buy any more CD's. Mario, this is such a disappointment!

1  Thank JewelJohnson0910
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Haven't really had much Jamaican food but I like this place. The owner/cook is nice and will explain the different dishes to you and has even let me taste them before ordering. Curry chicken is VERY good.

1  Thank wrastler
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Mario is a friendly owner/cook who runs a VERY small place. If you visit his restaurant you can't avoid seeing him stirring his pots and most likely he's the guy who will serve you. A lot of Jamaican places have come and gone in the area but I've been eating here for about six years. Most of the time I get the curry chicken which is the BEST COMFORT FOOD I've ever eaten. Believe me, if you have a cold it's far better than chicken soup. In the warm weather though he makes grilled jerk chicken outside on a wood smoker. Take my word, (and the word of the friends I've taken there) that this is likely the best meal that there is. I'm not kidding. I can't vouch for the rest of the menu but I have had his oxtail and it was really good but oxtail seems too much work for me. I hear it's his best seller. Prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank GainorCrist