“Front Desk went above and beyond”

Courtyard Middletown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't often write reviews but felt it would be remiss not to highlight the great service I experienced from the front desk. I came in on a Friday night from a long car trip, as a new mother I needed to pump breastmilk for my child. I asked the front desk if I could move a chair to the bathroom and they instead gave me a key to a vacant room near the entrance where I was able to pump comfortably and in private . It meant so much that they were so accommodating. They put the customer first and I appreciate their help. This experience has definitely increased my loyalty to the Marriott brand! Thanks again!

Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a great 2 night stay for business in the area. Easy on and off all major highways, a hop-skip and a jump to Woodbury Commons for a little early Christmas shopping, all sorts of major shops and food within a one mile radius for those forgotten items and front desk staff that are most kind, professional and super efficient ! I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me up to the Hudson Valley.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were there for a wedding weekend along with hundreds of other guests. Staff is good and cares; they managed a busy hotel with courtesy and speed. I left something in the room and they shipped it to me right away for no charge. Very hospitable Courtyard.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Courtyard brand of Marriott delivers again. The front desk staff was very nice, and explained everything they offered in the hotel to us. We stayed for one night, and they were asking us what we were doing, if we needed things around the area. Another consistent Marriott stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations! The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were impeccably clean. A wonderful place to stay! When I needed help or suggestions the staff was there. Having 24 hour coffee service was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
lfranklin, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I want to thank you for your outstanding comments about the Courtyard by Marriott in Middletown NY. The entire friendly hotel team takes great pride in the overall hotel cleanliness and providing excellent service to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the Starbucks located within our Bistro Restaurant as well!. We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to the Middletown NY area!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here two nights and could not have been happier. The hotel is everything I expect from a Marriott brand. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. There is a Starbucks cafe in the lobby with light meals/snacks. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. The gym was reasonable for this size hotel but I did not use the pool so I cannot comment there. They have a nice garden, sitting area behind the hotel that more guests should be aware of - but the flowers are probably starting to fade by now. Definitely will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a very convenient location - both for arriving and for dining/entertainment. Located in an area with other hotels, there were several options for restaurants, etc. The hotel itself had a nice café/bar area that had a full bar, etc. Quite nice for when you've been traveling all day and really don't want to leave the hotel. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. Also the bathroom was spacious and the lighting was good. Overall, I give this one an excellent rating. The staff was also very personable and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Middletown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Courtyard Middletown? Share your experiences!