“Great for Business Travel to ORMC”

Courtyard Middletown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I traveled here on business again in April. The location is right off 17, approximately 3 minutes from the new hospital, located within walking distance to three or four restaurants. About 5 minutes from the mall. Both the lobby and rooms have recently been refurbished. I like that every room I have ever stayed in here has both a micro & fridge, and that they still use a coffee pot in the room with ceramic mugs rather than those cheap pod machines & styrofoam cups. Reception very nice in that they acknowledge my Platinum status, although I had to ask for the foam pillows, a preference noted on my profile. I believe my room number was 413. Everyone working here very friendly. Did not use fitness center this trip or the indoor pool so cannot comment. Internet wifi worked great. Parking outdoors but very close to front door. Only downside was something very minor: the hairdryer had a hard time with my thick long hair. Prefer the dryers kept in the bags. They still serve free coffee in the lobby in the mornings evern though this is one of the properties that switched to the Starbucks format. Did not eat dinner or breakfast here so cannot comment on the food or service. Room and bathroom were spotless. Sheets smooth, bed very comfortable. Slept great, refreshed for early morning business appointment.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor--a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank hoteldiva2009
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel! I am glad we met all of your needs both with our room amenities and location. I am sorry we missed the notation for your feather pillows and will be sure to remind our co-workers to double check for special requests. Again, thank you for staying!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Currently here and having a great time, great room, location, great restaurants nearby - I recommend, Blue Martini and the Outback.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlossantos1973
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Huge room. Great TV with lots of channels, movies and video games for kids. Did not use pool but at least they had an indoor one. The breakfast was a little expensive but it was alright. Only stayed one night so not too much to say. What I can say is I never slept so good. The bed was so comfortable!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blondebelle
Reviewed March 29, 2012

There aren't a ton of choices of where to stay in Middletown but the Courtyard by Marriott is ok. I stayed with my husband for a night and we got the 1st floor spa room. All of the spa rooms are on the first floor and feature a jet tub in the room. Not worth it. The tub wouldn't fill and it looked old. The room is tidy but could use an update. There is a cafe in the lobby that features decent food but each time we've stayed there, the staff at the cafe are SLOW and their register never seems to be working! Make sure you aren't in a rush. They serve Starbucks coffee, which is a nice perk. The staff are very friendly and the room was quite quiet and we slept well. Overall, a decent option if you are traveling to Middletown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitties
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend visit with family. The hotel was clean. The room was clean and spacious. The indoor pool area was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accomodating. This hotel is close to shopping and walking distance to a few restaurants. We also ate inside the hotel one morning for breakfast. The food was really good and priced accordingly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
lfranklin, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our hotel and staff! We are also very happy that you enjoyed our new Bistro Restauarant located in the hotel. We are thrilled to have met all of your expectations and look forward to your next stay when in our area!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I had rented a room for a shower and the staff and room were great. We rented the room for a baby shower and it was the perfect size room. I can't remember but I'm thinking it was called the Crystal Room (50 people max,if i remember correctly). Since we had people coming out of town they even offered to give our out of town guests a discount on a room if they desired. My guests all talked about how nice it was from the lobby that was newly renovated and the bathrooms that were really clean. I also had to stay in a room once and the bed was a dream. I didn't want to get up and was thrilled with how clean it was. I have no complaints about this place.
On a side note if you're traveling it has a great location. It's right next to the highway, mall, and has 3 restaurants within walking distance. In case you're wondering the restaurants are - Blue Martini, Outback and TGI Friday's. It's even near the newly built hospital.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank justbeachy424
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years on business. The rooms are spotless and the staff is friendly and helpful. The location is nestled between other limited service business class hotels and has an Outback Steakhouse and Chilis restaurants that are litterally steps away in their parking lot. I will definitely be back when I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
lfranklin, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that you have stayed many times and look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn Middletown
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen

Been to Courtyard Middletown? Share your experiences!