“I will never go there again!!!!!!!”

Brian's Backyard BBQ
Ranked #80 of 178 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service was terrible. It was an older woman who decided to talk on her cell phone outside than wait on us. The Pepsi she brought out was flat, so we asked for another one which was still flat. She admitted that she did nothing to fix this aND there was nothing she could do. There were flies flying around all over. She did not ask us if we needed anything and to top it all off my boyfriend found hair in his food. We frequently go out to eat and do not recommend this place to anyone. It seems they cater more to the people who drink at one in the afternoon than their food service. Please spare yourselves the trouble and find a better place to eat and drink.

3  Thank matt t

Reviewed July 4, 2014

It's fair to say that Brian's resembles a rustic old roadhouse from a bygone era but at Brian's it's ALWAYS THE MUSIC.The walls are covered with the signatures of all the great musicians who've played there. I was told that Bob Dylan actually played there before it was Brian's. Any alteration in the name of Ambiance would be a desecration of history.The place also contains the best sound room in the business. Brian's is known for the top names in Blues and now offers Top Quality Country music as well. I went to see Nashville Artist Tim Hadler who has his own show in Branson.I was pleasantly surprised to also meet the Great Pianist : David Keyes and guitarist :Papa Chubby all in one night. They both graciously did Duets with Tim who was awesome with Dave on the Piano. The Food? I ordered Brian's Pulled Pork Nacho which was big enough for a family. You have to go below the Mason Dixon Line to find Barbecue that compares to Brian's. I had no room left for a main course but I've had Brian's Chicken before and its fabulous. I thought I could fit in a dessert but after Brian's Pie alamode I could barely walk. Its a huge slice of great Apple-country pie covered with at least a pint of ice cream. Service was prompt and staff was friendly. Hadler brought the house down with his "Glad you made it "billboard hit, He's supposed to come back July 19 but I intend to return before that for some great barbecue.

1  Thank joe s
Reviewed June 8, 2014

It is not a pretty place, and it is usually fairly loud because Brian likes Blues bands and Rock bands, but the food is really, really good.

2  Thank Jodie P
Reviewed May 7, 2014

During a professional trip to Middleton, we have tested a buffet from Brian's backyard BBQ.
Not really easy to have a fair evaluation after a trip from France of about 10 hours.
Nevertheless I tested the beef brisket, the prime rib as well the baked beans.
It was good.... especially the prime rib that was perfectly cooked.

But... the cajun rice was looking dry and overcooked. I stay away...

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great place for music, but terrible place to eat. Over priced, bad service, tacky décor, and most of all the food is so bad my dogs would not even eat it. I have an upset stomach now which I know is from the pulled pork. My friend would not eat it either as she said it was aweful. Why is it after all this time of people complaining that the food, service and décor have not been updated to satisfy the customer? They need that guy from tv to come and re do the whole place.

2  Thank Bonnie P