“great bbq”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We really enjoyed this place. Great food, friendly and helpful staff, great music. Best collard greens I ever had up here in the north.

1  Thank Shirley N

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We pass this place all the time on our way to Middletown its always busy, typically this is a good indicator of the food. We are lovers of BBQ, I ordered the ribs, my wife ordered pulled pork along with some sides. The ribs were huge, however when I tasted them I wanted to give them back, horrible, odd tasting, way way over smoked, very, very dry, they must have been from a couple of days before, one of the most dissapointing and disgusting things I have ever tasted. The pulled pork was just average my wife stated. the only good thing was the mac and cheese...what does that tell you about the place. I have had better BBQ ribs at a diner......

2  Thank David G
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is absolutely delicious and there should be no debate here. We had wings, brisket, ribs, pulled pork, andouille sausage, and chicken for our meats. All were cooked to perfection and were succulent bbq. The band was good and I enjoy live bands with bbq restaurants. We sat in the farthest seat from the band and the band was still very loud. I'm only 30 and loud music is enjoyed but they could have gone down a couple decibels. That's my only complaint. The beer selection was good and i would go again even if a band was playing and i would recommend it.

1  Thank Acamalicious
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've been coming here since it opened. From just meeting friends for dinner, watching a band to bike nights & poker runs this place has always been friendly, accommodating & has very good food! Any problem we had was immediately taken care of, definitely a 'customer is king' feel. The bar staff could be a pinch nicer, but it's OK. From the munchies to full meals the food has always been consistent & delicious....
It even has a BBQ atmosphere! Whatever that means ;-) This is a must visit, period. Can't wait till the spring!

1  Thank Burnie17
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having read many different reviews locally, I was intrigued. Some of the negative reviews had been pulled abruptly. This place had been a restaurant or a bar in its many incarnations.

We took our grand daughter and decided to try this place for ourselves. The owner was quite affable and engaging. He explained the dishes and took our order. Not being a BBQ Connoisseur, I generally opt for the pulled pork and simple side dishes.

I personally prefer my meat unsauced, this was swimming in in a huge amount of liquid. The owner also presented us with an assortment of sauces. The only thing that I liked was the salad that my grand daughter had. Apparently I had high expectations which had not been met.