“Burnt food no spice”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The service was great the food was over cooked and the salad was good but only a couple of olives and only one grape leaf and it was for a dinner for two

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Was in Middletown shopping, and based on tripadvisor reviews, stopped into the Greek Café. Not disappointed at all! My husband and I had the Café platter for two. Platter included gyro meat, pork and chicken souvlaki, sausage, salad, pita bread, fries or rice. Was more than enough great food for at least one more meal! The gyro meat was amazing! The tzatziki sauce was a winner! I don't like cucumber, but the sauce had such a great balance of flavors that nothing overpowered anything else. Service was prompt and courteous, price was very reasonable. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me here for Valentines day. I wasn't sure what to think as we drove up. It's in a strip mall. As soon as we walked in I knew it was going to be great. One of the owners greeted us warmly and seated us quickly. We love Greek food and this did not disappoint!

We had:

Hummus and pita (compliments of the owner)----light and fresh....very good.
Grilled Calamari----clearly super fresh and cooked perfectly.
Musaka---hands down the best we ever had. The eggplant was cooked perfectly and the beef was seasoned well.
Spanikopita---my husband tries this at all Greek resturarnts and said it was great.
Baklava---OMG I would go back just for this. It was so good that I am already planning my trip back just for this!
Greek Coffee---high octane but great!

We got another dessert which I can't remember the name of but it was also great. Also our entrees came with Greek salads which were authentic and yummy!

Bottom line: Excellent fresh Greek food with great service and prices.

1  Thank DayRay35
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We found the service here very slow, but friendly. It was a very busy Saturday night so perhaps they were overwhelmed by an inordinately high number of customers. I'd certainly try it again. The prices are very affordable and the food is fresh and tasty. On some of the platters, I'd suggest increasing the size of the salad, which was quite good, and cutting back on the amount of meat. At least the way they do it -- cost-wise --- is far more generous to the customer.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was in a mood for a gyro yesterday so off to the Greek Cafe I went. I sat by myself and really enjoyed the meal of an appetizer and lunch. The food was fresh, very tasty and satisfying. I also noticed that they now serve pizza which they didn't the first time I went. It was a weekday afternoon and it got busy as I sat there and it didn't seem like anyone was disappointed with the food or service. If you're in the mood for Greek go for it!