“So good we can't stop talking about it!”
Review of The Greek Cafe

The Greek Cafe
Ranked #38 of 170 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Warwick, New York
“So good we can't stop talking about it!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me here for Valentines day. I wasn't sure what to think as we drove up. It's in a strip mall. As soon as we walked in I knew it was going to be great. One of the owners greeted us warmly and seated us quickly. We love Greek food and this did not disappoint!

We had:

Hummus and pita (compliments of the owner)----light and fresh....very good.
Grilled Calamari----clearly super fresh and cooked perfectly.
Musaka---hands down the best we ever had. The eggplant was cooked perfectly and the beef was seasoned well.
Spanikopita---my husband tries this at all Greek resturarnts and said it was great.
Baklava---OMG I would go back just for this. It was so good that I am already planning my trip back just for this!
Greek Coffee---high octane but great!

We got another dessert which I can't remember the name of but it was also great. Also our entrees came with Greek salads which were authentic and yummy!

Bottom line: Excellent fresh Greek food with great service and prices.

1 Thank DayRay35

Northern NJ
“Food and prices were good but the service was painfully slow”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We found the service here very slow, but friendly. It was a very busy Saturday night so perhaps they were overwhelmed by an inordinately high number of customers. I'd certainly try it again. The prices are very affordable and the food is fresh and tasty. On some of the platters, I'd suggest increasing the size of the salad, which was quite good, and cutting back on the amount of meat. At least the way they do it -- cost-wise --- is far more generous to the customer.

• Visited February 2013
Middletown, New York
“Back for a second shot”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was in a mood for a gyro yesterday so off to the Greek Cafe I went. I sat by myself and really enjoyed the meal of an appetizer and lunch. The food was fresh, very tasty and satisfying. I also noticed that they now serve pizza which they didn't the first time I went. It was a weekday afternoon and it got busy as I sat there and it didn't seem like anyone was disappointed with the food or service. If you're in the mood for Greek go for it!

• Visited January 2013
Mohegan Lake, New York
“Worthy of It's #1 Rating on Tripadvisor”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I must admit my wife and I were a little skeptical when we pulled up to The Greek Cafe. A small restaurant in the middle of a strip mall is the #1 restaurant on Tripadvisor in Middletown. But when we walked back out to the car after eating there, we were believers.

At 6:30 on a Saturday night the place was packed. Both my wife and I are very familiar with Greek food so we ordered two appetizers we thought we would like - falafel, which we loved, and Greek-style meatballs, which the Italians have nothing to worry about.

The main courses were amazing. My Pastichio was a delicious combination of pasta, ground beef and beshamel sauce that looks like lasagne. It also came with a yummy greek salad. My wife's seafood dish was a work of art and was incredible. Two juicy pieces of salmon surrounded by amazing grilled calamari, succulent butterflied shrimp, and juicy vegetables.

We both left stuffed and was definitely satisfied. By the way the service was also excellent with our waitress very attentive to our needs. We're very glad we went.

1 Thank stuartled
“Everything was remarkable!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Everything about the place is just beautiful e unforgettable. The atmosphere was very special. I had the most amazing dinner here. I will definitely come back. Overall I would recommend this place to all my friends, which is something I am already doing.

Been to The Greek Cafe? Share your experiences!