“Best Indian buffet I have had so far in this area.”
Review of Saffron

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saffron
Ranked #8 of 171 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Indian
Oldsmar, Florida
“Best Indian buffet I have had so far in this area.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I don't know much about what goes into cooking the perfect Indian food. All I know is what I like and this place has a buffet that is almost as good as any I have tried. I like buffets as it give me the opportunity to try different dishes. I favor the Chicken tiki Marsala but will try just about anything they put out there. The buffet on the weekends tends to be better than that during the week. The staff is very friendly, which I have found us not always the case at other Indian food places. Prices are reasonable ($9.99 for weekday buffet). If you find yourself in Middletown around lunch time and like Indian food you should give them a try.

1 Thank dleslievol

Sayreville, New Jersey
“Close to Authentic as you can get...”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am not sure if people understand there are variations in Indian cooking. In India, every region has it's own way of cooking. There are many ways of cooking and using of the spices as there are languages in India. The common Indian restaurants in the USA are basically all cream, and sauce based (typically northern part of India) with not that many spices and they all taste the same.

South Indian cooking is very different, and it is very difficult to find a good South Indian restaurant. Saffron offers a lot of South Indian dishes, it is in these dishes you notice and taste the different spices and they do it very well. I am not a big fan of Indian restaurants, if you ate at one you have ate at them all. Saffron is different, good food in a nice clean environment.

I visit Middletown and drive up to 30 miles out of my way just to try the South Indian dishes here..

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Blasphemystic
“Lunch time buffet RULES !!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best Indian food I've ever eaten,
and this after 35yrs in NYC & Queens where i was a frequent visitor to many many Indian dining establishments
Lunchtime buffet is very very reasonable
A difficult location to find, bump into or discover on your own BUT it's so top shelf that you owe it to yourself to lunch there

2 Thank Sassyslide101
LANGHORNE
“An excellent Indian dining experience”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nice environment, wonderful food and outstanding service. This is a very nice dining experience and a reasonably good value. Been there many times and always pleased.

Visited April 2012
USA
“Nothing exciting”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I went with some friends (Indian from India) for the lunch buffet. Given that the area has very little South Asian food period, they were happy to eat almost anything! But they admitted it was "just ok". That summed up my feelings, too. I do believe the food was toned down for "local" taste -- quite a shame because it seems the owners are from Kerala which has some of the best food in all of India! Perhaps the normal dinner menu is better, but other than being a good value for money, I found the lunch buffet to be lacking in flavor.

• Visited June 2011