“great place”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Middletown, New York
“great place”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Every time we got to this restaurant it is a different experience. The food is always delicious. Love it!

Visited September 2012

New York City, New York
“Horrible Service!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Horrible Service!!! I contacted Something Sweet a month before placing an order for a small event cake and cupcakes and was told they were closing for a week for a summer holiday and to call back after they reopened to place the order because I only needed to place my order 2 weeks in advance. I phoned back 2 1/2 weeks before the date and asked what the best way to communicate with the baker was to place my order and if I could sample a cupcake before placing an order for several dozen. I was first told to come in the afternoon and speak to the owner Anna but during our conversation she was having a conversation on the side to give me answers so I asked if that was the owner if I could just speak to her over the phone and I was told the best way to communicate was to email the shop and Anna would get back to me and that the only way to sample a cupcake would be if they had some in their case from a special order because cupcakes are not a regular bakery item in their shop and as far as she knew they were not having any special orders. I proceeded to send a detailed email of my order 2 weeks in advance without sampling the cupcake because from all of the reviews I assumed they would be great...however several days later I still did not receive a reply to my email. I phoned Something Sweet and was told the owner Anna was not in and she handled all the special orders and email and she would leave a message for her and she should be in within an hour and would give me a call back. An hour later I received a reply email stating "Unfortunately we are booked for that weekend. I apologize for any inconvenience. Anna Madden" I could not believe after a month of contacting this business and told many times there would be no problem placing my order up to a week in advance and I gave a solid 2 weeks that this was the response I received from the owner! I tried to immediately phone her back just to inquire about the reply and again she was too busy to come to the phone! This is the most disapointing service I have ever received from such a highly reviewed bakery! You cannot get a straight answer and when you do its incorrect. So only a week before my event and I had to find a new bakery to place my order with which makes me look like its all last minute to other bakers who how could they take me serious, when all along I had been planning the order for over a month!
Bottom line...DO NOT place a special order from this bakery. Apparently the reviews are great to dine in the shop and have a pastry or a salad... but if you are looking for a REAL bakery to place a special event order with DO NOT waste your time here!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Love-n-NY
New York City, New York
“A Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a great little restaurant. Have passed this place numerous times but never bothered to try it. Decided to give it a try last night and IMHO this is probably the best place to eat in Middletown and the surrounding area--the name is definitely deceiving. What a gem! The chef's passion came through with each entree and the deserts were also good! If you want a great meal in relaxing atmosphere definitely give Something Sweet a try

something sweet

• Visited July 2012
Middletown, New York
“Middletown's best kept secret!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Without a doubt this food is made with love and quality ingredients. It could very well be the best kept secret in Middletown! I was browsing the restaurant reviews here on tripadvisor and was shocked to see that no one had reviewed Something Sweet yet. Not only is the dinner and lunch menu amazing, (sweet potato quinoa cake with cranberry relish, tomato cheese galette, salmon salad, etc) but this is my #1 stop for a great cup of coffee and homemade desert. Thy have the best soups and salads in town a well! Be sure to check out their creative, healthy and exciting menu.

• Visited April 2012