“Best food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overly generous portions, wonderful staff & always the best food!!!! Location is central Middletown, Clean and affordable. Don't

Reviewed October 19, 2012

As a business traveler I often dine alone and in some restaurants I feel like I'm almost an afterthought. Upon entering Tony Boffa's I was greeted and seated quickly in a central area. My client had recommended I try a meatball sub. When I saw the menu though I spyed a 4-course dinner menu -$16.95. After learning one of soups was Italian Wedding soup I opted for the 4-course including soup, salad with house dressing, eggplant parm and cheesecake. While reading the menu I was served hot garlic knot bread-delicious! Each part of my meal was exceptional! Servings were extremely generous-and the eggplant parm was the best I ever had!! A lady named Donna dropped by my table twice to check on me asking how I liked my meal-I wish every dining experience was this good-in my book Tony Boffa's is truly a 5-star!!

1  Thank Diner55_11
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Downscale from good italian restaurants, but much better than typical pizzeria, with multiple dining rooms and great service. Veal Parm dinner is my favorite there

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on and of for a long time. The food has been generally good but the last time it was not as good as usual.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Being a local we have eaten at Tony Boffas numerous times. I can honestly say it is better as take out then as eat in. the service there is very slow. I'm ok with the food taking a while as it is made fresh and is excellent, however, the wait staff simply disappears on you and if you want drink re-fills or anyhting else while you wait for food you need to get up and go ask for it. The dining room is not appropriately air conditioned in the summer. Sweating while waiting for your food is not something I like to do, especially when it is a special occassion and your dressed to the nines. Forget about when its easter, mothers day, christmas eve whatever, they never have enough wait staff on duty even for these special occassions when they know they are booked solid. We have been there during these times and the above mentioned slowness is just so much worse during these times. Now to the good. Ther eason they get a 4 rating from me is that the food is absolutely wonderful. Freshly prepared with the hands of a cook who you can tell takes pride in what they prepare. This is why I have found the secret. Order take out and have a wonderful dinner at home.