“Best pizza in Middletown, worth the travel”

Colandrea's Pizza King
Ranked #18 of 179 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Love the sauce, the fact they've been in business for 30 years and are still going strong, so so good

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took family here due to the reviews on TA. We were pumped up to try a place we had not gone to before. Based on reviews you would think this place was out of this world. NOT! There is a placard in the restaurant that says "Since 1980" or sometime around that year. Well let me tell you, they have not done a thing to modernize this place since then. The tables or hard plastic molded booths are awful to sit in. Hard and not big enough for four people. My 12 year old had to sit at his own, hard booth because our elbows hit and we are not large people. Well I figured the food better be good to make up for it. We ordered garlic knots, a large pepperoni pie and a chicken parm with light cheese. The garlic knots were very large but were not warmed up enough to be warm inside. So they were little dry, flavor was ok though. Pizza came out and it looked ok, nothing spectacular. I'd have to rate it very average and dough was nothing special. Cost of large Pepp Pie was over $17, thought that was a little high. I can get that average pie elsewere closer to $14. The chicken parm with little cheese came out swimming in cheese and that also was average taste and was kind of small in size compared to competitiors. All was served on cheapest paper plates know to man. Drinks were in small paper cups with a price tag of $1.50, no refills. There were plenty of people coming in to the place around 4:30 p.m. on a Saturday and I wondered if there was something they knew that we didn't. What were they ordering? Did we order the wrong stuff? Have to say we were really disappointed since it is very average food with really bad atmosphere and somewhat high price. I don't get it. I guess we like more of a higher end pizza place and this definitely was not it.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

They offer Dine In and Take Out but no delivery.
Very busy restaurant but staff is very attentive & tuned in to your needs. Food comes out quickly.

Food was good, hot and plenty of it.
I ordered their Family Pack.-Take Out
What a deal! $30.. 2 Lge Chse Pizza, Salad w/ choice of dressing, Baked Ziti, Garlic Bread.
I actually fed a total of 7 people on this. !

I have made this my new Pizza Place.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been going to this place for many many year and I find it to be the best pizza in the area. I've also lived in NYC and still find the pizza here to be better. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

You will find a lot of pizza in the county. Most of it is good. Some is very good. A few places are excellent. You are not coming here for ambiance, because there is none. But the food is really good and reasonable.

2  Thank Peter H